Do you love planing events and staying connected to your fellow students?
If so, becoming a Beyond Boston Community Ambassador (BBCA) might be the right opportunity for you!
What is the BBCA program?
Beyond Boston Community Ambassadors are student volunteers who are participating in an out-of-region co-op or other NU program and act as liaisons between students on co-op in their city and Northeastern University. This program seeks to strengthen the relationship between co-op students and the University, as well as to improve the student life component of the co-op experience.
What would my role as a BBCA entail?
BBCA’s work with Northeastern staff and community members to develop and enhance events and programming for co-op students.
Potential Responsibilities may include:
- Staying connected to other students on co-op in order to determine event preferences and to bring student focus to area events
- Attending alumni chapter meetings and be the voice for the co-op students in your area
- Working with Off Campus Housing and Support Services to promote Welcome events for your co-op area
- Promoting area athletic events
- Organizing a community service event for co-op students, both independently or with alumni
- Scoping out potential event locations and or/activities
- Checking in with students periodically to see how their co-op experience is going