Harassing calls, text messages, E-mails, and social networking are illegal and are punishable under Massachusetts Law.
If you are receiving these types of calls you should:
- Screen your calls, don’t answer a call from a number you don’t know.
- If you do answer the phone, tell the person you don’t want them contacting you and hang up.
- Don’t engage them in coversation.
- Do not divulge any personal information to anyone you don’t know.
- Do not post any personal information on social networking sites.
- Be aware of frauds and scams.
- Contact the police and file a report.
- Contact your phone company or e-mail provider and ask about blocking calls.
- Record everything. The dates and times of the calls, what was said, etc.
- Save all e-mails, texts and voicemails.
- Pay attention while walking and texting and be aware of your surroundings.
- If walking or running and listening to music use only one ear bud.
- Talking on the phone at all while driving is a distraction and is not recommended.
- Never lend your phone to anyone you don’t know.
|Verizon Wireless||*611 or 800.922.0204
|T-Mobile||*611 or 877.453.1304|