Harassing calls, text messages, E-mails, and social networking are illegal and are punishable under Massachusetts Law.
If you are receiving these types of calls you should:
- Screen your calls, don’t answer a call from a number you don’t know.
- If you do answer the phone, tell the person you don’t want them contacting you and hang up.
- Don’t engage them in coversation.
- Do not divulge any personal information to anyone you don’t know.
- Do not post any personal information on social networking sites.
- Be aware of frauds and scams.
- Contact the police and file a report.
- Contact your phone company or e-mail provider and ask about blocking calls.
- Record everything. The dates and times of the calls, what was said, etc.
- Save all e-mails, texts and voicemails.