The Crime Prevention Unit at Northeastern University Police Department is committed to ensuring the safety of all members of the Northeastern community. Part of what makes a great police department is the ability to stop crime before it happens, rather than respond to a crime that has already occurred. The Crime Prevention Unit has and will continue to do its part to prevent crime on- and off-campus and prevent you from being victimized.
- Provide a wide variety of safety and security talks to students, staff, and faculty
- Set up frequent university-wide crime prevention tables to promote specific safety/security services
- Manage and maintain the department’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube)
- Produce and post the department’s “Quick Heads Up” instructional videos
- Promote and administer property registration, in particular bicycle and laptop registration
- Promote and administer Residential Life crime prevention instruction
- Promote and organize SAFE classes and RAD course instruction to female students, staff, and faculty
- Provide overview of NUPD services to New Student Orientation groups
- Promote opportunities for NUPD involvement in community outreach programs
For any inquiries into these and other such services, contact Staff Sergeant John Farrell, Crime Prevention Coordinator, at 617.373.5402 firstname.lastname@example.org.