Northeastern has implemented NU ALERT, a service that allows University officials to reach all students and staff with time sensitive information during unforeseen events or emergencies. the System uses voice, e-mail, and text messaging to broadcast pertinent information and, when appropriate, provide directions to those in the affected area(s).
For each individual, NU ALERT can deliver one voice message to the phone numbers, e-mail address, and text message number you have provided us. NU ALERT is powered by Black Board Connect, which offers a set of Emergency communications tools specifically designed for higher education institutions. The system is currently being used by nearly 200 Colleges Nationwide.
Any and all contact information you provide, such as home telephone numbers, cellular numbers, and e-mail addresses, may be used to notify you of an emergency or crisis that may affect you and/or the University community. Your emergency contact information may also be used to notify your designated emergency contact(s) of an emergency or crisis that may affect you and/or the University community.
Examples of emergency or crisis situations include the following.
- Terrorist Attacks
- On-Campus Crime and Assaults
- Natural Disasters
- Serious Facilities issues
- Extraordinary weather conditions
What you need to do now!
Provide Your Contact Information. If you have not already done so, please provide your most current contact information now by logging into the student or faculty/staff portal at www.myneu.neu.edu and following the appropriate instructions below. The information you provide is kept completely confidential and will only be used to provide updates to the NU ALERT system.
- Log into the student myNEU portal
- Select the “Self Service” tab
- Under “Registrar,” select the “Emergency Contact Info” tab and follow the directions shown.
For Faculty/ Staff:
- Log into the Faculty/staff myNEU portal
- Select the “Services and Links” tab
- Select the “Employee Self-Service” link under the HRM Benefits and Services section
- Select “Personal Information” tab and update all information in this section.
Click here for a list of FAQs.