Welcome to The N.U.in Program!
We’re hard at work getting the website ready with sites for Fall 2019—stay tuned for the announcement on February 1!
What is The N.U.in Program?
Northeastern University’s signature first year global experience founded in 2006, the N.U.in Program embodies Northeastern’s experiential approach to education. Through N.U.in students will have a rigorous academic experience intertwined with unequivocal opportunities outside of the classroom in two historic cities—at an international partner institution in the fall and on Northeastern’s Boston campus in the spring. This experience will support students’ growth as global citizens and fine-tune the skills needed to navigate the future.
Students admitted to The N.U.in Program embark on a unique first year that will take place in two historic cities. You will study abroad in your first semester with other Northeastern first-year students at a partner institution of your choosing based on your major eligibility and program capacity; and return to study in Boston for spring semester. Upon arriving in Boston for the spring term, you will be returning to an N.U.in Alumni community of over 6,500 students (in addition to the university alumni community of 255,000+), as well as a network of faculty, staff, advisors, and peers ready to support you.
How can I learn more about The N.U.in Program?
We are excited to support you and your family as you explore the incredible opportunities offered through The N.U.in Program and the university as a whole. As an admitted student we encourage you to:
- Visit Boston! Attend an Admitted Student Welcome Day this spring, or an Inside N.U.in information session on our Boston campus.
- Can’t make it to Boston? Join us for an Admitted Student Reception near you or attend one of several N.U.in-specific digital events.
- Check us out @TheNUinProgram on Twitter and Instagram
- Keep an eye on your mailbox for your N.U.in Admitted Student Guide in February.
Register for any of these events through your Application Status Check.
Is The N.U.in Program right for me?
Studying abroad can be a rewarding and enriching life experience. Now, imagine starting your undergraduate career in an exciting, global setting. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime. N.U.in students return from their time abroad more adventurous, bold, ambitious, intellectually curious, reflective, and independent. Time spent traveling the world can be thrilling, but it can be challenging as well. Before making your college decision, remember to take time to gather the information you need by visiting our campus, speaking with N.U.in staff, and evaluating your own goals and feelings about studying abroad. Reflect on whether The N.U.in Program will be a good fit for you by asking yourself:
- How do I adapt to new environments?
- How do I cope with challenging situations or problems?
- Have I set goals for what I would like to achieve while in N.U.in and in my academic career?
- Am I financially prepared to be abroad?
- Why do I want to be part of The N.U.in Program?
Curious about costs and payment information?
Cost: The cost for all N.U.in Program locations for Fall 2018 was $35,475 (USD). All details for Fall 2019 sites will be provided on when sites are made live on February 1. This program fee generally includes:
Tuition, Housing, Dedicated 24/7 support staff, Group flight fare & coordination, Pre-departure Orientation, On-site Orientation, Group excursions, N.U.in-organized activities, Service-Learning coordination & management, and potentially other site-specific activities.
While enrolled in The N.U.in Program, students who file for financial aid are considered for need-based Northeastern funding only. Grants, loans, and work awards from federal and state sources cannot be applied to the fall semester. Students can use these financial options beginning in the spring semester for those who qualify.
The Office of Student Financial Services prides itself on offering expert advice, friendly service, and personalized support. Northeastern offers more than $281 million in grant and scholarship assistance, participates in all federal aid programs, and offers information on alternative financing and the Northeastern Payment Plan.
For additional information regarding financial aid, deadlines, and more, please visit the Student Financial Services website.
Ready to Enroll?
We’re excited that you’ll be joining us this fall! To enroll:
- Log into your Application Status Check. You will need to enter your NUID (which can be found on your acceptance letter) and your birth date in order to log in.
- Select “N.U.in Deposit” under “Your Next Steps”.
- N.U.in requires 2 deposits to secure your spot:
- Non-refundable enrollment Deposit 1: Due 11:59 p.m. EST May 1, 2019: $1,200
- Non-refundable enrollment Deposit 2: Due 11:59 p.m. EST June 1, 2019: $2,500
- If it’s after February 1 you can make your site selection based on college compatibility, if not you can come back to make your site selection at another time. Please keep in mind that site availability is based on capacity and sites are filled on a rolling basis.
Still have questions?
We’re happy to connect with you! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com or 617.373.6447.