N.U.in students live in Swinburne Place, which is located on SUT’s campus in Hawthorn. A grocery store, numerous restaurants and stores, and Glenferrie Train Station are nearby, and central Melbourne is a 10-minute train ride away.
Students will live in 3- or 4-bedroom apartments with at least one other N.U.in student and potentially one or two international students. You will receive your roommate assignments upon arrival. We are unable to accommodate roommate requests.
The Swinburne Place residence includes:
- Private bedrooms within shared apartments
- Each bedroom includes a bed, desk, chair, and closet
- 3-bedroom apartments have 1 bathroom plus 1 extra toilet
- 4-bedroom apartments have 2 bathrooms
- Students are provided with a basic linen package, which includes: a fitted sheet, flat sheet, pillow, pillowcase, and duvet
- All apartments are equipped with kitchens, but students must provide their own cutlery, dishes, and other cooking equipment
Students have access to common areas, which include outdoor recreation decks, a barbecue area, student lounge, games rooms, and separate study rooms. Laundry facilities are on-site and free, but students need to provide their own detergent. Please familiarize yourself with the Handbook and Student Residences Code of Conduct.
Mail & Packages
Please use the following mailing address when sending items to Melbourne:
Your Name c/o Swinburne Place Apt. #XXX
24 Wakefield St.
Hawthorn, VIC 3122
N.U.in Australia: SUT students share a common kitchen and cook meals for themselves. While it may be an initial adjustment, cooking can become a bonding experience for students. Our N.U.in site staff and SUT staff are available to give students advice on local grocery stores and cooking tips. There are also many student-friendly food options on campus and within walking distance of the accommodation.
More information about the housing application for the spring semester can be found here.