The reflection and assessment system will automatically solicit from the student the name and email address of their supervisor. The listed supervisor will then be prompted by the system to either confirm or deny their role as supervisor for the placement. This process will require that the supervisor have an account on the reflection and assessment tool. Once an account is set up, the supervisor will be able to use it for all current and future placements. Therefore, existing supervisors will simply be asked to login in order to confirm placements and new ones will be asked to sign up. The system will send the appropriate instructions to the supervisor depending on whether they have an account or not.
Ideally, the process described above is entirely self-service and does not require intervention from staff. However, several things could require intervention by staff. Below are listed these events and how to address them:
- Supervisor does not confirm in turn
- If student confirms, it is still possible the supervisor will not confirm in turn. This is because the listed supervisor is incorrect or the the correctly listed supervisor did not respond to the prompt to confirm.
- To identify the relevant list of supervisors, use the Quick Filter > Employer Not Confirmed (this will bring up placements where the student has confirmed but the employer has not. If neither have confirmed, they will show up under Student Not Confirmed.)
- Click on Manage to view the supervisor details for the placement
- Under Available Actions you can choose to confirm the supervisor manually or send a request to the supervisor to confirm (if the supervisor does not have an account, you cannot manually confirm. Your only option will be to send an email that will prompt the supervisor to sign up for an account and confirm.)
- If the supervisor is incorrect, you can change the details using the Audit tab