John Keith is a Northeastern University alumnus (class of 1989) and a native Massachusettsan. He is a real estate broker who writes the Boston Dwells blog and has been quoted in the Boston Globe, Wall Street Journal, and Financial Times. His articles and columns on real estate and development have appeared in Boston magazine online, the Boston Herald, and South End News. We decided to ask John a few questions, some more unconventional than others.

Why did you join Level?
Data analysis is a big part of my daily life. As a real estate broker, I’m often online, examining real estate transactions and building permit filings. As a writer, I spend a lot of time doing research on Boston’s history and development. Level has taught me relevant analytic skills while also preparing me for a future career, should I decide to change directions.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Peppermint Stick

If you had access to all of Google’s data for 24 hours, what would you do with it?
Prove I’m right about everything!

What is your greatest vice?
Vanity, Donuts, Svedka

If you could allocate unlimited resources towards solving one major problem using data, what would that problem be? (This is purely hypothetical, and is not a pageant contest).
Public transportation.

What’s the best part about Level so far?
The people I’ve met.

Summarize Twitter in one word.
Explosion

If there was a movie about your life, what song would play during the opening credits?
Can’t Tame the Lion

Now that you are in the public eye on the Level blog, is there anything you would like to say?
I was excited about taking the class before it started; now that I’m taking it, it’s fulfilled every expectation I’ve had, and more. The instructors and guest lecturers are knowledgeable and experienced, and up-to-date with everything that’s going on in the data analysis world. I look forward to coming in, everyday, even though by the end of each day I’m exhausted from learning so much. As a mid-career professional, I wanted to make sure I would learn new things by taking the bootcamp and that I would come out of it ready to begin what could be a new stage in my life. The Level instructors and staff have been very helpful in making this a reality.

For more humorous insights and Level-related posts, follow John on Twitter at @JohnAKeith