The Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning Through Research (CATLR) promotes educational principles and practices that embrace full engagement with diversity and inclusivity as necessary elements of excellence. We collaborate with faculty, staff, administrators, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students to create learning environments in which all students’ prior experience is respected, validated, and welcomed as the basis for enriching the educational climate and increasing the transferable knowledge and skills students develop.
Spring 2018 Diversity & Inclusion Programs
Registration for these events is preferred. Click an event title to read more and to register for that session. All sessions will take place in 215 Snell Library.
- Wed., February 21, 11:45 AM-1:15 PM – Diversity Statements that Align with Your Teaching
- Tues., February 27, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM – Making Meaning Out of Failure
- Wed., March 21, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM – Designing an Inclusive Course Syllabus, Part I
- Tues., March 27, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM – Understanding How Stereotype Threat Impacts Learning
- Fri., March 30, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM – Designing an Inclusive Course Syllabus, Part II
- Wed., April 4, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM – Co-op: Making Meaning Out of Failure
- Tues., April 24, 12:00 PM-1:30 PM – Implicit Bias and Microaggressions in the Classroom