A Course Design Institute is a multi-day, hands-on experience focused on the creation or overhaul of an entire course or major parts of it. This Summer, we are offering two such experiences for faculty and post-docs. Each Course Design Institute builds upon on the foundations of effective course design.
NOTE: In order to attend, you must register for and attend all days of a Course Design Institute.
Online Course Design
This three-day, hands-on course design institute will provide an opportunity for participants to craft the framework of an online course and develop a course module prototype.
- Day One: Monday, May 15, 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Day Two: Wednesday, May 17, 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Day Three: Monday, May 22, 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Fundamentals of Evidence-Based Teaching
This four-day, hands-on Course Design Institute will provide an opportunity for participants to create or redesign an entire course, or major parts of it, to leverage research-based practices to enhance teaching and learning.
- Day One: Monday, August 7, from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Day Two: Tuesday, August 8, from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Day Three: Wednesday, August 9, from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Day Four: Thursday, August 10, from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM