Founded in 2013, the Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning Through Research (CATLR) is part of the Teaching and Learning Group in the Provost’s Office. We work with all nine colleges across Northeastern University and in partnership with our colleagues across the institution to support and enhance teaching and learning.
The mission of CATLR is to inspire, equip, and connect educators to create and integrate transformative learning experiences using evidence-based practice. We promote educational principles and practices that embrace full engagement with diversity and inclusivity as necessary elements of excellence.
To this end, we strive to:
- Foster the design of engaging and intellectually challenging learning environments that are informed by learning science
- Promote and engage in teaching and learning scholarship to advance learning science research
- Advance a culture of assessment that views and strengthens teaching as practice
- Facilitate practices supporting Northeastern education as a cohesive experience in which learning is integrated across contexts
- Cultivate a learning science network