As always, the Office of Academic & Student Affairs is available to assist you. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need additional support.
For a list of virtual events at NUSL, please visit this website: https://www.northeastern.edu/law/academics/conferences/index.html
Resources for Online Learning
- Lessons for Distance Learning
- 6 Strategies for Successful Online Learning
- A Student Guide to Best Practices for Online Classrooms
- A Student’s Guide to “Working from Home”
- How to Adjust to Studying at Home if You Always Worked in the Library
- 8 Strategies for Getting the Most Out of An Online Class
- 7 Things to Do After An Online Class Session Ends
- Engaging and Learning Online
- National Jurist Coronavirus Survival Guide
- How to Plan for Take-Home Exams
- Tips for Utilizing Online Office Hours
- NUSL Office of Computer Services: Brad and Jacob in the Office of Computer Services are available to assist you. Please email them at email@example.com.
- NU ITS: Northeastern University Information Technology Services is available to help you 24/7. You can email them at HELP@northeastern.edu, and chat with them online or on the telephone (617-373-4357).
- NU ITS has a thorough Digital Resilience website dedicated to supporting students during this time.
- Microsoft Teams: Microsoft Teams allows users to video conference, chat, screen-share, and collaborate on documents. To access teams, go to office.com and log in with your NU Microsoft credentials (myNortheastern username followed by @northeastern.edu) and your myNortheastern password. When the list of apps comes up, click on Teams. You can either continue to access it in your web browser, or there’s a button in the lower left (looks like a screen with an arrow) that will allow you to install the Teams application to your computer. For more information on Teams, please visit the Microsoft Teams overview article on the NU ITS website.
- Zoom: Zoom is an alternative to Microsoft Teams and Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for videoconferencing and group collaboration. The web site for accessing your NU Zoom account is http://northeastern.zoom.us. For more information on Zoom, please visit the Zoom overview article on the NU ITS website.
Software & Hardware Access
- Virtual Computer Labs to Access NU Software: There is a link at the bottom of this page for “Virtual Computer Labs.” Click there and follow the instructions to connect. This should be particularly useful for students who need to access the Adobe suite, including Adobe Acrobat (for creating and editing PDF’s). You should use cloud storage (e.g., OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox) to move files between your computer and the “virtual” lab computer.
Personal & Mental Health Resources
Personal & Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health: All law students have access to virtual mental health resources through Find@Northeastern 1.877.233.9477 (U.S.), 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
- Mental & Physical Health Resources for Blue Cross Blue Shield Members (Students with the NU Student Health Plan): You have access to Blue Cross Blue Shield’s Well Connection, which provides access to live video visits with medical providers and behavioral health specialists.
- During the COVID-19 health crisis, the $10 copay is waived for a Well Connection visit.
- University Health & Counseling Services (UHCS): UHCS will see students virtually. Students can call UHCS at 617-373-2772, option #2 and speak to a Patient Associate.
- Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers: LCL will be operating remotely until at least May 18th.
- Northeastern University Center for Spirituality, Dialogue, & Service: The center has put together a full menu of mindfulness and interfaith learning resources. Yoga for Mental Wellness and Guided Meditation videos can be found on their YouTube site. Their confidential digital prayer box is open, and Spiritual Advisors are available to meet (email firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to Advisors directly through their website).
- Pandemic Life- Weekly Chats for Lawyers and the Legal Profession: The Mindfulness in Law Society is putting on weekly chats. This series helps us achieve this important goal by giving lawyers, judges, law students and other legal professionals an opportunity to share experiences, ideas, concerns, and stories about life and law during COVID-19. Each half hour session will focus on a pressing topic. They are live at 7:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in their private Facebook group. More information can be found here.
- Lawyer Well-Being Week: The Boston Bar Association is offering a number of virtual gatherings and roundtables to help the legal community stay connected and well this Spring. Please click here for more information.
Textbook & Academic Resources
- NUSL Law Library: The Law Library staff are available to assist students remotely. Please view this website to schedule an appointment and view their availability.
- Off Campus Housing and Support Services: Off Campus Housing and Support Services at Northeastern provides support and education related to off-campus housing, relocation services, renter’s rights knowledge, and community connection.