The School of Law Commencement is Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 2:00 in Matthews Arena.
Electronic tickets will be available through MyNortheastern. For more information, visit the Commencement Office at Northeastern University.
The deadline to declare a concentration was October 1st of your 3L year. Once you have finished the requirements for your concentration, certify that you have done so by the end of the second week of your final quarter.
Apply to Graduate
The Application to Graduate tells the Registrar that you are graduating and if you are planning to attend the graduation ceremony or not. This is not the same thing as Graduation Clearance, which you may have done with Kendra Millay.
The Application to Graduate opens in the Fall and closes in the Winter Quarter. The deadline to apply to graduate is the first day of the Spring Quarter.
Co-op Exit Survey
Help the Co-op and Career Development Office learn your post-graduate plans.
This is found on Symplicity, under the Profiles Section. It’s called “Graduate Employment Survey,” and you should fill it out one week before commencement.
Bar Authorization & Certification
Any graduate planning to take the bar must fill out this form, which authorizes the release of information to state bars and certifies that disclosures have been submitted to NUSL.
While there is no formal deadline, please plan ahead. It can take up to one week to complete a bar certification, once we receive it. For more information, please check this website.
Note: All bar certifications are processed by ASA. However, if the jurisdiction which you are sitting for wants an official transcript, you should request it from here.
Transcripts from Dual-Degree or Transfer Students
If you are a transfer or dual‐degree student, please submit your official transcripts as soon as possible, but before the first week of classes in your final quarter.
You can have your former university mail official transcripts here:
NU School of Law,
Attn: ASA, 1 CG
416 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115
Ceremony & Reception Details
You will receive an email from the Commencement Office with instructions on how to download your tickets via myNortheastern. Each graduating student is allocated ten tickets. If you need additional tickets, please fill out this form. Tickets will be available for download closer to the ceremony. We will update this page with additional information when we receive it from the Commencement Office.
You will have to show your electronic ticket at the door. For those who do not have a smart phone, you may print your tickets to bring them to the ceremony.
To learn more about the commencement ceremony, please check the Commencement Office website for details. They will post more information as they make it available.
- General Info: For information about the ceremony, parking, and other logistics, please visit the University’s Commencement Office website at http://www.northeastern.edu/commencement/.
- Graduate Arrival: The School of Law Commencement Ceremony begins at 2:00 p.m. Graduates should report to Matthews Arena no later than 1:00 p.m. Please enter the Arena using the entrance located off of Gainsborough Street (guests will not be allowed entry at this point.) Due to the security policies implemented by NUPD and the venue, you will be required to present your student admittance ticket. This will be available when you download your electronic guest tickets through your myNortheastern student portal. Please have your Northeastern photo ID with you, as it may also be required.
- Guest Arrival: Guests must use the main entrance located on St. Botolph Street. Doors open at 1:00 p.m.
- Security: All graduates and guests will be required to pass through metal detectors. Review security policies and the list of prohibited items for Matthews Arena: SECURITY POLICY AND PROHIBITED ITEMS. Security policies apply to graduates and guests and will be enforced without exception. Please ensure that your guests are also aware of these policies.
- Regalia: The University will provide your regalia on the day of Commencement. Regalia, tams, and OSD honor cords will all be waiting for you at the arena.
- Live Streaming: For anyone who cannot make the ceremony, Commencement 2019 will be live streamed from this page: http://www.northeastern.edu/law/news/commencement/index.html
A champagne reception for graduates and guests will immediately follow the Commencement ceremony. The reception will be held in the Curry Center West Addition and will last approximately 1.5 hours. No RSVP required.