Unfortunately, the School of Law Commencement has been canceled due to COVID-19. We understand what an important milestone commencement is for students and their guests. Please rest assured that the Dean has established a task force to determine alternative options that will allow us to celebrate your accomplishments. The university, along with the Office of Academic & Student Affairs, will be in touch once plans are finalized.

Diplomas will be mailed to the address that you indicated on your Application to Graduate. Please review your diploma mailing address in your Graduation Application. If you need to edit your diploma mailing address, you can do so by logging into myNortheastern > Services & Links > Degree Enrollment & Graduation box > View Application to Graduate. Corrections to your diploma mailing address will ensure delivery of your diploma to this location. Be sure to confirm that an accurate postal code (domestic or international) is entered for the mailing address; it is required and cannot be mailed without it.  If you choose an international mailing address, an international phone number is required. If you have any questions about diplomas, please contact the Commencement Office.

In the meantime, if you ordered a tam or honor cord through ASA, you will be refunded. Please expect a refund in 1-2 weeks (from 3/23). Thank you for your patience as the university works to process your refunds as quickly as possible.

Graduation Checklist


The deadline to declare a concentration was October 1st of your 3L year.  Once you have finished the requirements for your concentration, certify that you have done so by the end of the second week of your final quarter.

Apply to Graduate

The Application to Graduate tells the Registrar that you are graduating and if you are planning to attend the graduation ceremony or not.

The Application to Graduate opens in the Fall and closes in the Winter Quarter. The deadline to apply to graduate is the first day of the Spring Quarter. If you have missed this deadline, please contact Bill Greene ( immediately.

Co-op Exit Survey

Help the Co-op and Career Development Office learn your post-graduate plans.

This is found on Symplicity, under the Profiles Section. It’s called “Graduate Employment Survey,” and you should fill it out one week before commencement.

Bar Authorization & Certification

Any graduate planning to take the bar must fill out this form, which authorizes the release of information to state bars and certifies that disclosures have been submitted to NUSL. Please note that this form does not prompt ASA to send any bar exam-related document on your behalf; you will need to provide Kendra Millay ( your specific bar exam-related form (e.g., Dean’s Certificate, Law School Certificate, etc.) in order for it to be processed.

While there is no formal deadline, please plan ahead. It can take up to one week to complete a bar certification, once we receive it. For more information, please check click here.

Note: All bar certifications are processed by ASA. However, if the jurisdiction which you are sitting for wants an official transcript, you should request it from here.

Transcripts from Dual-Degree or Transfer Students

If you are a transfer or dual‐degree student, please submit your official transcripts as soon as possible, before the first week of classes in your final quarter.

You can have your former university mail official transcripts here:
NU School of Law,
Attn: ASA, 1 CG
416 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115