DUE: May 1
Awards are full tuition only (minus any federal and or state grant and loan awards). Northeastern Student Financial Services will adjust financial aid packages according to their terms. Awards are renewable annually for LaCLA scholars who maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA, satisfactorily complete a minimum of 200 hours annually of community service, submit FASFA annually and attend mandatory trainings, LaCLA meetings, events and programs specified by the LaCLA Chair and/or committee.
Taking into consideration the impacts of COVID-19, this year’s LaCLA deadline has been extended to June 30, 2020.
Please have these ready before starting the application below:
- Personal Statement
- One (1) Official Northeastern University Transcript
- Copy of your NU Husky ID
- Copy of your current year NU financial aid award letter
- Copy of your next year’s FAFSA application and proof of submission
- A reference list of your volunteer experience
Please answer all questions.
- How did you learn about the LaCLA scholarship and why should you be considered as a recipient?
- Describe your most memorable community service/volunteer experience.
- What aspect of your identity (race, ethnicity, faith, etc.) are you most proud of and why? What aspect(s) of your identity would you like to explore/develop more?
- Who do you go to for advice or look to as a role model and why?
- With LaCLA requiring 200 hours of community service annually, what is your plan for completing 200 hours each year, next year and beyond. Please be specific.
- Explain how the greater community (outside Northeastern) will be impacted by your career; please specify the community you would like to have the most impact in/on and why.
- How will you give back to LaCLA, the LSCC and/or Northeastern after graduation?
- Should you not be selected for this scholarship, what is your plan to continue financing your education and finish your degree?