If you are planning a conference or event at Northeastern over the summer, you know your guests will need Internet access just like they’ll need food. Northeastern makes it quick and easy to supply your guests with high-speed Internet access.
Northeastern participates in eduroam (educational roaming), a secure, worldwide reciprocal roaming wireless access service developed for, and used by, the international research and education community. This network is available at all Northeastern campus locations in academic and administrative buildings for all individuals from participating eduroam institutions. With over 5,000 participating locations worldwide, it is likely that many higher education colleagues coming to our Boston campus will have instant wireless access while they are here. A full list of participating US Institutions is available on the eduroam website. An international map is also available.
No action is required by conference organizers — access is determined by a visitor’s home institution, and not by ITS. We do strongly encourage conference organizers with a high presence of higher education attendees to advertise that Northeastern is a participating eduroam campus.
The NUwave-guest network provides wireless access for people not associated with Northeastern while at the university, but it requires authentication.
How to get access for your attendees:
- One-day conference/event – Follow these directions to request a conference code, which you must provide to all of your attendees for access on that day.
- Instructions for how attendees should use that code can be found HERE.
- Your guests will have 12 hours of wireless access before re-registration is required.
- Multi-day conference/event – Follow these directions to request individual usernames and passwords, which you must then provide to each of your attendees for access that lasts the duration of the conference.
- Instructions for how attendees should use that login information are available HERE.
NOTE: These requests must be submitted at least one–to-two weeks in advance of your event. ITS requires lead time in order to process your request.
Have Questions or Need Help?
If you have questions about requesting this access, or you or your attendees need assistance during your event, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.