The Conference and Event Support service includes technology support for many university-sponsored, non-classroom functions such as meetings, seminars and conferences on Northeastern’s Boston campus. Upon request, Information Technology Services support may include:
- Support for in room technology and integration with technology brought to campus
- On-site, “day of” conference and event support
- Equipment delivery and setup
- Video conferencing technology
- Coordination of computer labs, printing needs and licensing requirements
- Guidance related to technology needs and timing of requests
Hours of support will vary depending on the negotiated agreement between the event sponsor and ITS. To obtain assistance submit a Conference and Event Support request through the ServiceNow portal (sign-in may be required), or contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP).
Please note that technology set up or on-site “day of” support is a fee-based service.
|Service Type||Regular Hours||Weekend Hours|
|Event Setup||$50/hour per technician (up to $300 maximum, event set-up price)||$50/hour per technician (up to $300 maximum, event set-up price)|
|On-Site Technician||$50/hour||$250 + $70/hour over for any time over 4 hours|
|Short-notice Premium||1.5 times regular charge||1.5 times regular charge|
- A cancellation or rescheduling fee may be imposed when the request for staff assistance is not cancelled 2 business days prior to the start of the event.
- A short notice fee (1.5 times the regular charge) may be imposed when the request is received less than 2 business days prior to the start of the event, depending on the level of service required.
Request this service by submitting a Conference and Event Support request through the ServiceNow portal (sign-in may be required). We recommend that you speak with an ITS staff member by calling 617.373.4357 (xHELP) for assistance prior to making the service request. This is a fee-based service.
Please note that ITS support does not include booking the room or facility, arranging for catering, and other duties, which must all be handled by the event coordinator. For more general information about hosting a conference and event here at Northeastern, please visit http://www.northeastern.edu/events/.
If you are looking for information regarding wireless access for conference or event attendees, please see the NUwave-guest FAQS page.