Students and faculty can use a variety of academic technologies and services available from Information Technology Services (ITS) to support and enhance the teaching and learning experience.
- Blackboard Learn – Northeastern’s learning and course management system
- Blackboard Collaborate – Web conferencing, voice and instant messaging tools within Blackboard
- Tegrity Lecture Capture – A tool to capture, store, index and view audio and video materials in Blackboard for use anytime and anywhere
- Classroom Technology – ITS, through the Academic Technology Services group and the View the Classroom site, provides detailed information about the technology that is installed in classrooms.
- Classroom Technology Equipment – ITS support for installed classroom technology, requests for equipment loan, and training
- Appointment Calendar – An application that assists Faculty/Advisor-Student appointment scheduling
- TurningPoint Classroom Response Devices (Clickers) – An interactive means of creating assessments and collecting data in a learning environment
- Learning Object Development – Units of instruction planned and arranged to support learning objectives
- E-Portfolio – An interactive, web-based package used to showcase the work and ideas of faculty, staff and students
- TRACE (Teacher Rating and Course Evaluation) – A process for undergraduate day students to provide ratings and evaluations on instructors and courses via online anonymous surveys.
- EvaluationKIT – A process for College of Professional Studies students to provide feedback on their educational experiences via anonymous online surveys.
- Digital Media Presentation – ITS assistance for faculty and students with the production of digital media materials
- Closed Captioning – A service to add transcribed, synchronized captions to Tegrity lecture captures and, with permission, other media materials
- Respondus – An assessment tool for creating, managing and taking exams in Blackboard
There are also several technologies and services that are available specifically for faculty:
- FACT (Faculty/Advisor Communication Tool) – A tool to facilitate identifying and assisting students experiencing difficulties
- Exam Processing – A service that processes exams and provides faculty with results and test statistics
- Consultation & Training – ITS consultation, support and training for faculty who are creating online content or incorporating flipped classroom techniques into their on-ground courses