Faculty and staff can use Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business on and off campus for a range of collaboration activities, including instant messaging, presence information, AV/Web conferencing, whiteboarding, screen sharing, application sharing and file transfers. Lync integrates with other Microsoft applications, such as Outlook and SharePoint.
Microsoft Lync is available to all faculty and staff. It is included on all Northeastern-configured Windows machines.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- How To: Install Lync on a Mac
- How To: Install Skype for Business on a Windows computer
- How To: Install Lync on an unmanaged Northeastern Windows computer
- How To: Create an online meeting request
- How To: Start an unscheduled online meeting or conference call
- How To: Set options for online meetings and conference calls