Learn more about Blackboard and view video demonstrations on the
Academic Technology Services Blackboard website
Blackboard is Northeastern’s online learning management system, a framework for an instructor to set up a course site and post material to it that students enrolled in that course can access. Additional features of this service include:
- Enabling communication through discussion boards and chat
- Faculty administration and grading of assignments and tests
- Integration with myFiles, TRACE course evaluation, FACT and lecture capture
There are two Blackboard sites serving the Northeastern community, although some academic programs have a different support structure:
- Northeastern University Blackboard, or NEU Blackboard, supported by Information Technology Services
- Northeastern University Online – College of Professional Studies (also known by NU Online), supported by CPS
- Online MBA, supported by Embanet
- Online Nursing Blackboard, supported by Orbis
For immediate response to your tech support needs, please contact the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or email@example.com. For college-specific Blackboard training and help, contact the support numbers above.
Academic Technology Services provides technical support and consultation for Blackboard, Web Conferencing, Lecture Capture, Clickers, Learning Object Creation, and other academic technologies.