IBM SPSS Statistics is a comprehensive set of data and predictive analytics tools. In addition to statistical analysis, data management and data documentation are features of the base software.
Platforms: Windows, Mac
Vendor Information: IBM Inc.
SPSS access methods listed below are for academic use only. If you need SPSS for administrative purposes, submit a Software Licensing and Distribution request through the ServiceNow portal (sign-in may be required).
- Northeastern-managed computers
- Windows – Available on all ITS-managed lab and faculty/staff Northeastern-managed computers under Start > All Programs > Statistical and Computational > SPSS
- Mac – All InfoCommons lab computers and Faculty/Staff Northeastern-managed computers can access it under Applications. Faculty/Staff must first install it from Self Service
- Virtual: Appcloud and RemoteApp
- Unmanaged Northeastern computers: myNEU > Services and Links > Faculty/Staff Services > Software Downloads
- Student personal computers: myNEU > Self-Service > Study and Course Resources > Software Downloads
- Faculty/staff personal computers: myNEU > Services and Links > Faculty/Staff Services > Software Downloads
NOTE: SPSS license expires annually in August. Software on Northeastern-managed computers will renew automatically. Software locally installed on personal computers will require user update with a new authorization code which may be found in Software Downloads under the heading “SPSS & AMOS Authorization Codes for License Renewal”. (Software does not need to be re-downloaded/re-installed, but authorization code does need to be updated for new annual license each year.)
All users of Northeastern University-owned/-managed/-licensed computers, networks, systems and software, are responsible for being familiar with and adhering to the Appropriate Use Policy (AUP).