Mandatory Online OPT Session
If you are interested in post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT), please first review the mandatory online OPT Training Session found by clicking the image below:
As part of the online Session, you will be required to complete a Statement of Compliance. In addition, you must pay a $200 Post-Graduation Administrative Fee via your MyNEU account; the instructions for payment are below. Without completing both the Statement of Compliance and paying the OPT Fee, you will not be allowed to submit an OPT application.
Effective February 17, 2015, the ISSI is changing the method in which Post-Completion Optional Practical Training (Post-OPT) applications are submitted to us. Students are now able to submit the Post-OPT applications online via a paperless system called myISSI, which you can log into with your myNEU username and password. This system will enable you to submit all of your documents to the ISSI in a more effective manner.
In order to submit your documents to the ISSI to request an I-20 with Post-OPT Recommendation, please do the following:
- -Complete and scan ISSI Form 133 (signed by you and your advisor)
- -Pay $200 Post-Graduation Administrative Fee (click here for instructions) and make a screenshot of your receipt
- -Scan copies of your passport, I-94 card, and any previous EAD cards (if applicable)
- -Complete online Post-Completion OPT Application e-form that includes the following:
- -Information about Post-OPT
- -Brief quiz to ensure understanding of Post-OPT
- -Prompt to request Post-OPT dates
- -Prompt to upload ISSI Form 133, Post-Graduation Administrative Fee receipt, Passport, I-94, and any previous EAD cards
After submitting a completed e-form through myISSI, an ISSI Advisor will review your request within 10 business days. Assuming that your request is complete and you are eligible for Post-OPT, you will receive an email when your new I-20 with OPT recommendation is ready for pick-up or mailing. This email will also include instructions on how to submit your documents to USCIS.
Click Here To Access Post-Completion OPT E-form
(log in with your existing myNEU username and password!)
The paper forms can continue to be submitted to the ISSI until February 27, 2015 at 5:00pm. After that time, all applications for Post-OPT will only be accepted through the myISSI e-form.
If you are interested in pre-Completion OPT, then please reference the "Pre-Completion OPT" documents on the Forms
section of our website.
If you have questions after you have completed the Online Session, or would prefer to overview everything in-person, you may find it helpful to attend an OPT Seminar. Be sure to check out our Fall
Looking to network for a job? Click here to join a LinkedIn group set up by Northeastern University's Office of Career Development
specifically designed for international students and alum to network for employment. Do NOT
to accept visa or immigration advice from other members! For such concerns, please contact the ISSI or an immigration attorney.
For all OPT applications submitted to the ISSI, a post-graduation administrative fee of $200 will be required as part of the OPT application packet. Payment of this fee must be made through your myNEU account. Please refer to the instructions below on how to make your payment. Please be aware that this is separate from the filing fee that is submitted along with the I-765 Application Form to USCIS
1. Log into your myNEU account, and select the NUPay link by clicking on the red wagon
2. Select the Make Payment link on the blue menu bar.
3. Select the ISSI OPT Fee link on the page to be able to add it to the NUPay Basket
4. You will next see a description of the ISSI OPT Fee. Click on Add to NUPay Basket to continue
5. You will then be taken to your online shopping cart. Press the Checkout button on the right and you will be prompted to enter information from a credit card, debit card or an electronic check. Once you have completed the transaction you will receive a confirmation of payment email in your NU email account. Please keep this email for your records.