ALERT: Extensive Security Flaw Found in Widely-Used Internet Data Encryption Technology
This week, security researchers announced the discovery of an extensive security flaw in OpenSSL, called the Heartbleed Bug. OpenSSL is used by a majority of online services to encrypt data over the internet. Sites like Facebook, Yahoo, and Gmail all leverage OpenSSL to encrypt your data. Read more.
On April 8, 2014 Microsoft retired Windows XP. Have you upgraded?
Click here to learn more about upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 and get answers to frequently asked questions.
ITS@Northeastern NewsUpdate - 4/10/2014 at 2:30 p.m.\r\nHeartbleed Bug: What You Need To Know\r\nAs you may be aware from an ITS email (see post above) and technology news c...A phishing email with the subject line \"Last Warning!!!\" has been received by many members of the Northeastern community. If you receive this email, p...Are you still using Windows XP or know someone who is?\r\n\r\nOn April 8, 2014 Microsoft support will end for Windows XP. As a result ITS will no longer s...Printing got easier\r\nITS has improved the printing experience over the last few months. Highlights include:\r\n\r\n new printer driver software\r\n expanded...ITS has several ways of informing the Northeastern community of an outage, planned or otherwise. Here’s what you can do to stay in the know:\r\n\r\n Fol...Cross-post from Academic Technology Services\'s Blackboard @ Northeastern blog \r\nOn December 22, 1013, Blackboard was upgraded to Service Pack 14.\r\n...January is starting off with lots of popular software classes including Microsoft Excel and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator! A new class we ...Securing your iPhone and Android smartphone is just as important as securing your computer. Your phone contains much personal information such as pi...Find your laptop connecting to NUwave-guest and not NUwave? There is a way to modify your computer’s wifi preferences so that you are always connect...
Learn more about:
- wireless Internet connectivity through NUwave
- standard audio-visual equipment in most classrooms
- high speed and robust Internet connection in the residence halls (ResNet)
- InfoCommons - 24/7 computing facility
- a centralized high performance research computing cluster and hosting facility
- access to Blackboard (learning management system)
- a vast array of academic and administrative software applications
- myNEU, the electronic gateway to Northeastern faculty, staff, students and parents to check grades, obtain electronic rosters, pay bills, register for classes, sign-up for housing, engage in the co-op process, and more
- SharePoint - an online collaborative workspace tool for faculty and staff
- a remote access service (VPN) - provides end-to-end secure access between a remote computer and on-campus computing resources
- Instant messaging, desktop sharing, online conference and more with Microsoft Lync