All freshmen living in university housing during their first two semesters as matriculated college students and all upper class students living in meal plan required residence halls are required to be enrolled for at least a 12 Meal Plan (can have 12 meals/week or 17 meals/week or unlimited meals/week). They are automatically enrolled and charged for a 17 Meal Plan with an option to change to an unlimited Meal Plan or a 12 Meal Plan before the start of classes. Any student living in a meal plan required residence hall is required to have traditional meal plans regardless of student status or co-op status.
- All deadlines are non-negotiable. Every student must abide by the deadlines set forth by Northeastern University.
- Changes to meal plans should be made on myNortheastern under the self-service tab within the designated deadline dates.
- Students are always able to increase their meal plan throughout the semester.
- Nonrefundable Profiler meal plans cannot be dropped or reduced once purchased.
Meal Plan Usage
- You may only use your meal plan for yourself. Guest passes come with the meal plan but you may not give your card to a friend, roommate, family member, etc. to use your meal plan.
- Meals not used at the end of each week will be lost. There is no refund or rollover for unused meals.
- Traditional meal plans end each semester, no exceptions.
- The Dining Halls strive to suit every student’s needs. All food allergies and special food requests should be disclosed to a Northeastern Dining Administrator prior to each term.
- Upperclassmen living in meal plan required housing must have a traditional meal plan. Profiler meal plans do not qualify for a meal plan in a meal plan required residence hall.
- Freshmen, and students enrolled in NUTerm, living in University residence halls are required to have a minimum of a 12 Meal Plan.
- A traditional meal plan week is considered Sunday morning breakfast through Saturday evening dinner.
- You may only use three meals per day at Outtakes.
- Dining Dollars may only be used at establishments that accept Dining Dollars.
- Dining Dollars may only be used for food related purchases.
- You may use Dining Dollars to enter the dining hall at the door rate.
- Once the allotted Dining Dollars are used, you cannot add money to the Dining Dollar account.
- Any Dining Dollars not used will be lost at the end of each semester.
- Any discrepancies with Dining Dollar payments should be handled with the manager of the establishment.