1. In the MyNortheastern portal, go to the Services & Links tab, and search for Husky Card Services. Selecting this option should take you to the MyNortheastern Web Card Center.
2. On the left, select “Submit ID Photo.”
3. Select “Upload Photo” and choose a photo from your computer that fits the following guidelines:
- Photo must have a solid white background
- Photo must be from the chest up (head-shot)
- Photo should be no more than 300 pixels x 300 pixels
- Photo must be saved as a .jpg file
- Photo must be in color and well-lit (no webcam or cellphone cameras)
- Photo must be of you and only you, with a full-frontal view facing the camera
- Photo must have a neutral or smiling facial expression, both eyes open with no hand gestures
- No hats, sunglasses, masks or concealment of facial features are allowed (unless for religious purposes)
- Glasses may be worn so long as there is no severe glare
- A shirt or blouse must be worn in the photo
- No photo proofs or watermarked images
- Your photo may be viewed by University officials, so please choose a sensible photo
4. If your photo fits all of these guidelines, it will be approved by Husky Card Services within 5 business days.
Examples of Acceptable Photos
Examples of Unacceptable Photos
5. When you have completed your photo upload you will then be required to include another photo upload of your government issued photo identification.
- Documents must be original versions. Copies will not be accepted.
- All documents must be valid. Expired documents will not be accepted.
- The name on your documents must match your primary name on file with Northeastern University.
Government ID’s that are acceptable:
- Driver’s License (Issued within U.S. including U.S. Territories)
- Non-Driver Photo ID (Issued within U.S. including U.S. Territories)
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Passport Card
- Foreign Passport
- U.S. Military ID Card
- U.S. Military Dependent’s ID Card
- Tribal Card
You can find instructions on how to install and setup the mobile id app at this link.
- Your Meal Plan, Laundry Bucks, Husky Dollars, Dining Dollars, Text Bucks, access to the gym, library, and your residence hall, will work immediately.
- Your print allowance will activate within one hour after your card is printed.
- It takes 24 hours for the parking garages to receive your new card information.
- Please contact the Husky Card staff if you parked in a university owned garage prior to getting a replacement Husky Card.
No, your student Husky Card will be deactivated and you will need to sign up for an Alumni Husky Card after you graduate from Northeastern.
- An Alumni Husky Card allows you access to the Snell Library and the ability to use Husky Dollars remaining on your account.
- If you sign-up for an Alumni gym membership, it will also grant you access to the Marino Center.
- Please visit the Alumni Relations page for more information about the benefits of being a Northeastern Alumni.
- In order to receive a new Husky Card without being charged the $25 lost ID fee, you have to trade-in your old or broken Husky Card.
- Old Husky Cards will not work and Husky Card Services is not responsible for any misuse of old cards.
- The printing allowance is based on an academic year beginning fall semester and ending after the summer 2 semester.
- Each student, no matter when they start, will receive $120 as printing allowance, which will be refreshed prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Once the funds are depleted, they will not be refreshed until the start of the following academic year.
- Laundry Bucks are refreshed on a semester to semester basis.
- Each student living on-campus will receive $45 in Laundry Bucks.
- If the allotted $45 in Laundry Bucks is not used before the end of the semester, the remaining balance will carry over and be added to your next semester’s balance.
- Laundry Bucks will be restarted prior to the Fall semester.
No. Students, faculty, and staff are only able to have one active Husky Card at a time.
- If you find a discrepancy in your Husky Card account, you must discuss the discrepancy with a manager at the location where the transaction took place.
- If the issue is not resolved, please contact HuskyCard@neu.edu and we will work with the vendor to help resolve the issue.
Once Husky Dollars have been added through your myNEU portal, they will be available immediately.
The Server URL is huskycardcenter.neu.edu.
Text “Open MyDoor” to 67513.