Resources and Training
Northeastern is committed to helping you succeed in your new role. As part of this commitment, Human Resources Management (HRM) collaborates with divisions across the university to identify and compile training resources for programs and systems such as Finance, Confidentiality Training, and Procurement. With your department head or manager, please identify the specific resources and training you need to begin your new role.
Most of the information systems are accessed through your myNortheastern account. Below you will find a description of myNortheastern, a brief description of some of the systems you can access through myNortheastern, and instructions about how to use them.
- myNortheastern is Northeastern’s electronic gateway that connects you with a wide-range of university systems such as grades and transcripts, confidentiality training, electronic rosters, and course evaluations. In addition, your payroll and personal information are accessed through myNortheastern. It is your responsibility to maintain accurate personal information such as campus address, home address, mail-stop, and emergency contact information. You may activate your account by clicking here.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with your myNortheastern account and update all your personal information.
Consultation with your department head or manager will help you identify which resources and training are essential for your work. The following systems are all accessed from your myNortheastern Account:
Required Online Training
- All faculty and staff are required to complete online training during their first 30 days at Northeastern. Please follow the links below to complete the training. Use your myNotheastern credentials to access the confidentiality and Information Security training modules. Please note: It may take a few days before you can access the trainings with your credentials.
Northeastern University is committed to promoting a safe, collegial, and healthy environment for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. As part of this commitment, Northeastern has developed University polices which are available here. Please review them during your first 30 days.
Budget, Finance, and Purchasing
Budget & Finance:
- Banner Finance is a transactional system used to manage the financial data for the university. It includes the general ledger, operating ledger, purchasing (requisitions/purchase orders), accounts payable, budgets and post-award research data and transactions. If your job requires that you have access to Banner Finance, review and complete this form with your manager. For more information about Banner Finance, click here or contact the Budget Office.
- Cognos is a business analytics tool that where users can access and produce reports, dashboards, and ad hoc queries quickly and securely. For access to Cognos and to sign up for training, visit the Cognos Sharepoint site. You will need your myNortheastern credentials to log in.
- TM1 is the system Northeastern uses to develop and submit budgets as part of the hybrid budget model. If you have budgetary responsibilities, complete this form and contact the Budget Office for additional information and training.
Purchasing & Accounts Payable:
- NUCard (American Express) is the credit card used to make purchases on behalf of Northeastern. New NUCard holders are required to complete training prior to receiving the card. Currently training sessions are transitioning from an in person group style to an online format. An announcement will be made when the online training is available. Please contact Accounts Payable to learn more.
- Procurement Purchasing System enables faculty and staff authorized to make purchases on behalf of Northeastern to take advantage of lower costs by using preferred suppliers. To request access, complete this form. For more information, click here.
- myMarketplace Procurement Purchasing System is Northeastern University’s preferred method for electronic purchasing of goods. For more information & access forms: click here.
- Online Work Orders enables you to submit request for support from facilities for services such as moving furniture and replacing ceiling lights. For more information, click here.
- Research Administration (COEUS) is the system used to create, maintain and submit grant proposals. To request access click here. There are several training options to assist you. Click here for more information.
Human Resources Management Systems
- Time Tracking is the system Northeastern uses to record time and paid time off balances. For more information about your responsibilities, click here.
- Banner HR is the university’s human resources system used to manage faculty and staff records related to payroll processing, employee self-service and provisioning of services such as access to myNortheastern. If you will be required to access Banner HR, please complete this form. To learn more about Banner HR, click here.
- PeopleAdmin is the system used to manage positions, requisitions, postings and applicant tracking for faculty and staff. If you will be involved in the hiring process and need access to the system please complete this form. To learn more about PeopleAdmin, click here.
- Library Scholar OneSearch enables you to search print, electronic books, and journal offered by the libraries and to request resources from other libraries. To learn more, click here.
- ITS Training Services offers free, instructor led classes at all levels, on commonly used applications such as Microsoft Office as well as general workplace skills
- Lynda.com is an online video training resource. Courses range from tutorials on software to workplace skills.
- ODS/Argos is the system used for operational and analytical reporting related to university-wide data such as finance, student and advancement. To secure approval and customized training, please contact the Administrative Assistant in the Office of Institutional Research and Data Administration.
- Banner Student is used by faculty and advisors to access student schedules, academic information and course rosters to complete the course registration/drop process, and submit grades. To learn more about Banner Student, click here.
- Faculty Advisor Community Tool (FACT) is used by faculty and advisors to enable instructors to report student progress to advisors thereby facilitating communication between faculty and advisors. To learn more, click here.
For more information, please contact Human Resources Management, 617.373.2230 M-F, 8am - 5pm EST or via email at HRMInfo@neu.edu