This checklist is intended to highlight important actions you need to take during your first 30 days at Northeastern. If at any point you have questions, please contact your department head or manager, your department’s administrator and/or the Customer Service Center of Human Resources Management, 617.373.2230. No question is too big or too small. We look forward to working with you as you join the Northeastern community.
[download as PDF]
Prior to Day One
- Sign and return offer letter and attached forms
- Complete the I-9 process
- Review Northeastern’s competitive and comprehensive benefits and begin to identify the selections that will best meet your needs
- Review commuting options, including public transportation and parking options
- Confer with your manager about start time, meeting place and dress code
- Orient yourself to Northeastern’s metro-Boston campuses and maps and graduate campuses
- Bring required I-9 documents
- Attend New Hire Orientation if scheduled (see your offer letter for date and time)
- Establish your myNortheastern account; click here and scroll down to the access section to learn how to establish your myNortheastern account. The account provides access to key services.
- Using Employee Self-Service, accessed through myNortheastern, complete all required information including home address, race and ethnicity, veterans status, emergency contact information, campus address, mail-stop and extension. Northeastern uses this information to alert you to emergencies such as winter storms. It is your responsibility to keep your information current.
- Register for an electronic W-2 on myNortheastern
- Obtain Husky Card
- Meet with department head or manager to review expectations, including determining access to Northeastern’s systems and resources which are essential to your role
- Meet individuals in your immediate area and learn about their roles at the university
- Create email signature in Outlook [Outlook > File > Options > Mail > Signatures] Include: Name, Title, Department, Northeastern University, Mailstop, Email Address, Office Phone Number, and Cell Phone Number if necessary
- Set up phone and voicemail(s)
- Review benefit options and required actions
First 30 Days
- If you haven't done so yet, attend New Hire Orientation
- Complete all required training by clicking here and scrolling to the Required Online Training section
- Northeastern University is committed to promoting a safe, collegial, and healthy environment for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. As part of this commitment, Northeastern has developed University polices which are available here. Please review them during your first 30 days.
- If applicable, complete the Retirement Plan and Disability Waiver form
- Review your commuting options. Sign up for public transportation commuter pass available for all systems in the U.S. using myNortheastern; for pro-rated parking at Northeastern in Boston, enroll through myNortheastern. If you have questions about parking, contact the Parking Office: 617.373.7010.
- Review your paystub information in Employee Self-Service accessed through myNortheastern
- Join Healthy You, a program that encourages you to invest in your health while earning up to $400 a year. Click here to sign up for the Healthy You VirginPulse program.
- Review Additional Benefits
For more information, please contact Human Resources Management, 617.373.2230 M-F, 8am - 5pm EST or via email at HRMInfo@neu.edu