Northeastern has secured Edwards Hall and Rodgers Hall, two apartment style residence halls, located at 572-574 Huntington Avenue for this upcoming year. Edwards and Rogers Halls are a 7-minute walk from Centennial Common and are exclusively for Northeastern students. The buildings feature in hall laundry, wireless internet, elevators, card access front and back entrances, lounge and study spaces, and Northeastern resident assistants. Each unit has a kitchen and no meal plan is required.
Fall Move-In 2021
Edwards Hall and Rogers Hall Move-In will take place:
- Thursday, September 2nd 8:30am-6:00pm
- Friday, September 3rd 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
WHAT TO BRING
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
SHIPPING AND MAILING
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
Parking and Driving Directions
Unloading Location: West Lot at Wentworth --> Check-In Location: Edwards and Rogers Basement Lounge --> Parking Location: Columbus Garage
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at West Lot at Wentworth. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. Once in the lot, proceed to the spaces closest to the rear of Edwards and Rodgers Hall.
- At West Lot at Wentworth, you will unload your belongings into your building. While both Edwards and Rodgers Halls have elevators, there is no direct access without going up or down stairs from the parking lot. Hampers will be available in the basement level for you to place belongings into and then take up the elevator. You may also use the stairs. Move support will be present in the lot to aid with unloading. Please note, you will have 1.5 hours to complete your unloading before you will need to remove your car from the Unloading Location.
- You will need to complete your check-in in the Edwards/Rodgers Basement Lounge with Residential Life Staff to collect your keys.
- After checking in, proceed to your assigned residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to the basement level.
- Throughout the move-in process, students will be permitted no more than two guests to assist with bringing belongings into your room, and your guests are asked to stay no longer than 2 hours. Please note, masks will be required for all fully vaccinated and unvaccinated students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors indoors. Outside of official Fall move-in days/times (8/29-9/5 8:30am-6pm), the guest policy will revert to only Northeastern students as guests, and only 3 at a time.
- In accordance with the current COVID-19 guidelines, all students, regardless of vaccination status, will need to be tested within 24 hours of their arrival and on a weekly basis thereafter. All students will need to schedule a test through the COVID-19 Test Scheduler Please note: the testing center does not take walk-in appointments. You will not be allowed to enter the testing center without a proof of your appointment time. This can be provided either by using a mobile device or by a printout from the COVID-19 Test Scheduler.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading or after your 1.5 hours has passed, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height, or overnight parking.
Columbus Garage Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
- I have read what to bring and have packed to bring only the essentials to campus this fall.
- I have read and submitted the university’s required Expectations for Return to Campus Attestation form as a prerequisite to returning to campus.
- I have printed my move-in parking pass, cruise ship unloading pass (for applicable buildings), and directions for my correct move in day.
- I have read and submitted the university’s required covid policies and required verification of vaccination has been submitted.
- I have completed the Daily Wellness Check prior to coming to campus, or leaving your residence hall, each day. The tool will indicate whether you are cleared to come to campus, whether you should stay home, and provide next steps if you report symptoms of COVID-19. Please bookmark the page for daily use.
- I have scheduled my first covid test for within the first 24 hours of my arrival to campus through the COVID-19 Test Scheduler Please note: the testing center does not take walk-in appointments. You will not be allowed to enter the testing center without a proof of your appointment time. This can be provided either by using a mobile device or by a print out from the COVID-19 Test Scheduler.
For your testing:
- I have the appointment confirmation page ready on my mobile device when arriving at the testing center.
- I have the completed the Daily Wellness Check and be sure to know how to show the result page on your mobile device so you can show the staff to enter the testing center.
- I know my nine-digit Northeastern University ID identification number and have it visible on your Daily Wellness Check screen
Apartment Types: 2-, and 3-person apartments
Standard double bedrooms
Standard studio double
Economy single bedrooms
Economy double bedrooms
Economy triple bedrooms
Security: Secured entryway 24 hours per day, card access front and back entrances
Connections: Wireless internet
Lounges: TV, pool table, study space
Enhanced apartments: None
Standard (non-studio) apartments: Include bedroom(s), kitchenette, bathroom, and common living area
Economy apartments: Include bedroom(s), kitchen or kitchenette, bathroom, and no common living area
Laundry facilities: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, and dresser for each resident; some combination of dining table and chairs, living room furniture (standard non-studio apartments only)
Kitchen appliances: Refrigerator, Oven, Stove