Fall 2022 Move-in information
780/768 Columbus and 1065 Tremont Move-In will take place:
- Saturday, September 3rd 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
WHAT TO BRING
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
SHIPPING AND MAILING
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
Parking and Driving Directions
780/768 Columbus and 1065 Tremont Arrival Directions pdf.
Unloading Location: Renaissance Park Surface Lot -> Parking Location: Columbus Garage -> Check-In Location: 780 Columbus Lobby
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at Renaissance Park Surface Lot. Please use this link as a location for driving directions.
- At Renaissance Park Surface Lot, you will unload your belongings from the car into one or two moving hampers. Move support will be present in the lot to aid with unloading, and you will need to leave a Government Issued ID in exchange for your hampers.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed with your hamper to your check-in location, 780 Columbus Lobby, to check in with Residential Life Staff. Residents of 1065 Tremont will need to pick up their keys at the check in location. If you are driving yourself, the move support will hold your hamper until your return after parking.
- After checking in, proceed to your assigned residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to Renaissance Park Surface Lot.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
768 Columbus is located on Columbus Ave. This apartment style facility offers economy style apartments and is conveniently located close to all the action.
Apartment Types: 3-person apartments
Bedroom Types: Economy single bedrooms
Security: Secured entryways 24 hours a day
Connections: Husky Cable, and ResNet, Landline available through Verizon
Standard apartments: Include bedroom(s), bathroom, kitchenette, and common living area
Mail delivery: ResMail
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: None
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk, and chair, and dresser for each resident; dining table and chairs, and living room furniture (standard apartments only)
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.