Fall 2022 move-in information
407 Huntington Ave Move-In will take place:
- Saturday, September 3rd 8:30am-6:00pm
- Sunday, September 4th 8:30am-6:00pm
- Monday, September 5th 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
WHAT TO BRING
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
SHIPPING AND MAILING
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
PARKING AND DRIVING DIRECTIONS
407 Huntington Ave Arrival Directions pdf
Unloading Location: Forsyth Street Curbside -> Parking Location: Columbus Garage -> Check-In Location: Burstein Hall Courtyard (Rain Location in Burstein Hall RA Office #112)
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at Forsyth Street Curbside. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. However, it is important you approach Forsyth Street from Huntington Avenue westbound. No entry to Forsyth Street will be available from Hemenway Street, as Forsyth Street is one way for move-in, and there is no left turn across the train tracks from Huntington Avenue travelling eastbound.
- At Forsyth Street Curbside, Stetson West unload is on the left/west side of the street. Follow signs and directions from NUPD and move-support to enter the queue. Move support will be present to aid with unloading your belongings from the vehicle into one or two hampers, and you will need to leave a Government Issued ID in exchange for your hampers.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed with your hamper directly to your residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to Forsyth Street Curbside. If you are driving yourself, the move support will hold your hamper until your return after parking.
- Unless you need assistance from hall staff with your card access or residence hall room, we recommend completing your check-in at the Burstein Hall Courtyard after you complete you return your hamper to Forsyth Street Curbside, but before you set up your entire room/apartment.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
Located on Huntington Ave, this 5-story apartment building is directly across the street from the Law School.
Apartment Types: 1-, 2-, 3-, and 4-person apartments
Studio single apartments
Standard double bedrooms
Economy single bedrooms
Economy double bedrooms
Security: Proctor coverage or secured entryways 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, and ResNet, Landline available through Verizon
Standard apartments: Include bedroom(s), bathroom, kitchenette, and common living area
Economy apartments: Include bedroom(s), bathroom, kitchenette, and no common living area
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: None
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk, and chair, and dresser for each resident; dining table and chairs, and living room furniture (standard apartments only)
Kitchen appliances: Refrigerator, oven, stove
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
|Residence Director Office: Rubenstein Hall #110
Office Hours: 10am – 5pm
Phone: (617) 373-7811
|Resident Assistant Staff Office: Burstein Hall #112
Office Hours: 7pm – 11pm
Phone: (617) 373-8991