337 Huntington Avenue is located directly across the street from the Krentzman Quadrangle and a short walk to Hastings Hall. This 5-story apartment complex is steps away from the Northeastern T stop as well as neighborhood restaurants.
Fall Move-in Information 2020
319/337 Huntington Move-In will take place:
- Wednesday, September 2nd 8:30am-6:30pm
- Thursday, September 3rd 8:30am-6:30pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time, as it will also correspond to your arrival COVID-19 testing appointment.
What to Bring
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip. As a reminder, per the university update last week, no guests will be permitted to enter any university housing building during move-in.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
Shipping and Mailing
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in mid-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the university’s quarantine guidelines, you will not be permitted to pick up any packages from the mailroom until after you receive your first negative test result. The combination of processing delays and quarantine restrictions mean that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
Parking and Driving Directions
Arrival by Car
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to the Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus garage you will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below.
- Once at Columbus Garage, the student will proceed to Cabot in order to be tested. If you do not have your husky card, you will need to pick it up at the West End in Curry Student Center on your way to Cabot. All other occupants of the car will be required to stay in their car in the garage until the student returns. If you need directions from the Columbus garage to Curry/Cabot, please use the campus map found here.
- After being tested you will go back to your car in Columbus Garage and proceed to your Unloading Location at North Lot. Please use this link as a location for driving directions.
- At North Lot, you will unload your belongings from the car into your one moving hamper. You will need to say goodbye to the other occupants of your car here. Please note, family members will not be allows to park and walk around campus and will be asked to stay in their unloading/parking location through- out the move in process.
- Once your belongings are in your moving hamper you will proceed to your residence hall unpack your belongings and then return your hamper to North Lot. After returning your hamper you will return to your residence hall immediately to start your quarantine. Please follow the quarantine rules found here.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, you will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Non-Northeastern students will not be allows to park and walk around campus and will be asked to stay in their unloading/parking location through- out the move in process. There will be no oversized or overnight parking.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
Arrival by Uber/Taxi
If you have minimal belongings that you can take to the testing center with you:
- Please use the Ruggles T-stop on Forysth Street as your drop off location and proceed from the drop off location to Cabot to be tested. Any occupants of the Uber/taxi who are not Northeastern Students, will not be able to walk around campus and will be asked to remain in the vehicle.
- After testing you will report to your residence hall immediately to start your quarantine. Please follow the quarantine rules found here.
If you have more belongings than you can bring with you to the testing center:
- Proceed to your Unloading Location at North Lot. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. Any occupants of the Uber/taxi who are not Northeastern Students, will not be able to walk around campus and will be asked to remain in the vehicle. You will be able to leave your belongings in a hamper with the moving assistance while you go to Cabot to be tested. If you need directions to Curry/Cabot, please use the campus map found here.
- Once you have completed your testing you will return to North lot to retrieve your belongings. You will proceed to your residence hall unpack your belongings, then return your hamper to North Lot. After returning your hamper you will return to your residence hall immediately to start your quarantine. Please follow the quarantine rules found here.
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading so that you may begin your quarantine. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
Move-In Pre-Arrival Checklist
- I have read what to bring and have packed to bring only the essentials to campus this fall.
- I have printed my move-in parking pass and directions for my correct move in day.
- I have read and submitted the university’s required Expectations for Return to Campus Attestation form as a prerequisite to returning to campus.
- I have completed the Daily Wellness Check prior to coming to campus, or leaving your residence hall, each day. The tool will indicate whether you are cleared to come to campus, whether you should stay home, and provide next steps if you report symptoms of COVID-19. Please bookmark the page for daily use.
- I have scheduled my move in day test through the COVID-19 Test Scheduler Please note: the testing center does not take walk-in appointments, so you will need to schedule your testing time to mirror your move in time. You will not be allowed to enter the testing center without a proof of your appointment time. This can be provided either by using a mobile device or by a print out from the COVID-19 Test Scheduler. For your testing:
- I have reviewed and complete the Informed Consent to Campus COVID-19 Screening form
- I have the appointment confirmation page ready on my mobile device when arriving at the testing center.
- I have the completed the Daily Wellness Check and be sure to know how to show the result page on your mobile device so you can show the staff to enter the testing center.
- I know my nine-digit Northeastern University ID identification number and have it visible on your Daily Wellness Check screen
Apartment Types: 2-, 3-, and 4-person apartments; majority of apartments are economy style
Studio double apartments
Standard double bedrooms
Economy single bedrooms
Economy double bedrooms
Economy triple apartments
Security: Proctor coverage or secured entryways 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, and ResNet, Landline available through Verizon
Enhanced apartments: None
Standard apartments: Include bedroom(s), kitchenette,bathroom, and common living area
Economy apartments: Include bedroom(s), kitchen or kitchenette, bathroom, and no common living area
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: Yes
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, and dresser for each resident; dining table and chairs, and living room furniture (standard apartments only)
Kitchen appliances: Refrigerator, oven, stove
Mailing Address through ResMail:
The following images are here to represent examples of the room types in the above mentioned building. They are in no way the only room types present in the building, and are not architectural drawings.
|Residence Director Office: 337 Huntington Ave. #111
Office Hours: 10am – 5pm
Phone: (617) 373-7561
|Resident Assistant Staff Office: 337 Huntington Ave. #110
Office Hours: 7pm – 11pm
Phone: (617) 373-2540