Fall 2022 Move-in Information
106-122 St Stephen Street Move-In will take place:
- Friday, September 2nd 8:30am-6:00pm
- Saturday, September 3rd 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
WHAT TO BRING
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
SHIPPING AND MAILING
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
PARKING AND DRIVING DIRECTIONS
Unloading Location: North Lot -> Parking Location: Columbus Garage -> Check-In Location: Outside Light Hall (Rain Location in Light Hall RA Office)
Please note: 106-122 St Stephen Street has a stair entry which cannot be equipped with a ramp. Please plan accordingly when packing and when loading hampers, which cannot be pushed into the building. Limited move support will be present at the Rubenstein entry to assist; however, heavy moving carts still cannot be loaded into the building.
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at North Lot. Please use this link as a location for driving directions.
- At North Lot, move support will be present to direct traffic and to assist with unloading your belongings from the car into one or two moving hampers. You will need to leave a Government Issued ID in exchange for your hampers.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed to your check-in location, Outside Light Hall, to check in with Residential Life Staff. Please note that Light Hall is slightly not on the path to 106-122 St Stephen St. If you have an additional person with you, we recommend one member of your party remaining in North Lot or near 106-122 St Stephen St with your belongings while you proceed to Light Hall. If you are driving yourself, the move support will hold your hamper until you return after parking and checking-in.
- After checking in, proceed to your assigned residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to North Lot.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
This is a 4-story apartment buildings located at 110 St. Stephen Street, which is one block west of Huntington Avenue and the Krentzman Quadrangle.
Apartment Types: 2-, 3-, and 5-person apartments; majority of apartments are economy
Standard studio double apartments
Economy single bedrooms
Economy double bedrooms
Security: Secured (Husky Card needed) entryway 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, and ResNet
Economy and Studio apartments: Include bedroom(s), kitchen or kitchenette, bathroom, and no common living area
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: Yes
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, and dresser for each resident; dining table and chairs, living room furniture(standard apartments only), and carpeting
Kitchen appliances: Refrigerator, oven, stove
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
|Residence Director Office: 337 Huntington Ave. #111
Office Hours: 10am – 5pm
Phone: (617) 373-7561
|Resident Assistant Staff Office: 337 Huntington Ave. #110
Office Hours: 7pm – 11pm
Phone: (617) 373-2540