Graduate Student Government Senate Meeting
September 09, 2020
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Zoom Recording: http://bit.ly/GSGSM0909
- Executive Board Introduction, officer updates of the e-board by the President
- Welcome game – hosted by the VP of Programs & Operations
- Individual Committee information by the five GSG Vice Presidents
- Executive Vice President – Divya Subbaian
- Questions by the attendees
- $5 gift card give away announcement by VP of Programs & Operations
1. Executive Board Introduction, officer updates of the e-board by the President – Gagan Dep Prabhu
- The president welcomed everyone to the first senate meeting of the fall 2020 semester.
- Spoke about all the tasks completed during the summer which includes, NU Student Temps, Tell Your Tales Contest, On-Campus Job Panel Discussion, Finance: Gift Card Policy, Budget Proposal, Tableau Dashboard, Project Funding Committee, Strategic Planning Committee and long-term plans for GSG.
2. Welcome game – hosted by the VP of Programs & Operations
Prajakta hosted a game of Bingo to engage the attendees, the winner was Ritvik Vinodkumar.
3. Individual Committee information by the five GSG Vice Presidents
- Deependra spoke about the Student Affairs Committee
- Hariessh spoke about the Academic Affairs Committee
- Prajakta spoke about the Programs & Operations Committee
- Santhoshi spoke about the Marketing & Outreach Committee
- Gagan spoke about the Finance Committee in the absence of Bhavesh, the VP of Finance and announced the VP of Finance elections which will be conducted on September 26th.
4. Executive Vice President – Divya Subbaian
Divya spoke about the future initiatives of GSG, Strategic Planning Committee and announced office hours.
5. Questions by the attendees
- Can you contest in the GSG VP of Finance elections if you are already the e-board member of another student organization?
Answer: No, we do not allow that in order to avoid bias.
- Can you contest in the elections and serve as an e-board member while you are on co-op?
Answer: Yes, so long as you are fulfilling your responsibilities, you can be on co-op while working for GSG.
6. $5 gift card give away announcement by VP of Programs & Operations
Prajakta announced that all attendees would receive a $5 gift card.
The senate meeting was adjourned at 3:30pm by the Executive Vice-President.
|1||Aditi jain||Jain.firstname.lastname@example.org||COE||Student Affairs Committee|
|2||Alfred Navato||Navato.email@example.com||COE||Programs and Operations Committee|
|3||Arjun Kailash Srinivasanfirstname.lastname@example.org||COE||Financial Affairs Committee|
|5||Chirag Patelemail@example.com||COE||Financial Affairs Committee|
|8||Gagan Dep Prabhufirstname.lastname@example.org||COE||-|
|9||Hariessh Kumar Badrinarayananemail@example.com||Khoury||-|
|10||Harshit Vijayfirstname.lastname@example.org||COE||Financial Affairs Committee|
|12||Jugal Sandeep Shethemail@example.com||COE||Programs and Operations Committee|
|13||Kush Sanjay Adhvaryufirstname.lastname@example.org||COE||Financial Affairs Committee|
|14||Miral Dalalemail@example.com||COE||Financial Affairs Committee|
|15||Mohit Masalkarfirstname.lastname@example.org||Grad Student Organization - NU Sanskriti||Financial Affairs Committee|
|16||Niranjan Vaidyaemail@example.com||CPS||Programs and Operations Committee|
|17||Omkar Tiwarefirstname.lastname@example.org||CPS||Student Affairs Committee|
|19||Reema Yadavemail@example.com||COE||Academic Affairs Committee|
|20||Ritvik Vinodkumarfirstname.lastname@example.org||Khoury||Financial Affairs Committee|
|21||Romaric Belmier Mbakopemail@example.com||COE||Student Affairs Committee|
|23||Shachi Patelfirstname.lastname@example.org||COS||Programs and Operations Committee|
|24||Shamika Shirish Gogateemail@example.com||COE||-|
|25||Sundera Rajan Kaushik Komandurfirstname.lastname@example.org||COE||Financial Affairs Committee|
|26||Taylor Lemieux||Lemieux.email@example.com||D'Amore-McKim Business||Programs and Operations Committee|
|27||Vatsal Guptafirstname.lastname@example.org||COE||Programs and Operations Committee|
|28||Ziqian Xuemail@example.com||CPS||Academic Affairs Committee|