Graduate Student Government Senate Meeting
January 30, 2018
2:00 pm -3:00 pm
Curry Student Center Rm 333
1. Signing up and survey
- Senates sign-ins, lunch and quick survey.
2. Activity: Gather ideas to how GSG can better present the student body
- Alex (President) Isha (Vice Pres, marketing) starts off with welcoming old members and new members to GSG Senate meeting.
- Post-it Note Activity: Question asked is what are you passionate about changing on campus and what ideas would you like to see happen.
3. Unveil the new GSG logo
- New logo is an effort to re-brand GSG to reach out to students and communities on campus.
- Talked about creating an online platform to easily access various resources and getting Senates involved in generating a platform that can represent the different communities.
4. Activity Feedback Categories
- More Study Space
- Shuttle Services/ Redeye
- Career/Research Opportunities/ Networking
5. Officers talk about their Committee
- Cristhy (Exe. VP): Student affairs highlighted on budget priority.
- Upcoming Events: two movie nights (March), and an Indian event in the future. Specific dates will be notified later.
- Amulya (Academic Affairs): emphasized on various committees senates can participate in and get involved in networking and GSG.
- Nicholas (Finance and Liaison): Finance committee need help to finance the budget with the GSG. Liaison committee wants to achieve more diversity and cross functionality in the Senate, and get more people involved.
- Isha: (Marketing and Outreach): manages the social media aspect of the GSG as well as the online website.
6. Questions addressed by Senates
- Can Senates participate in more than one committee? Yes, it all depends on the individual’s time.
- Can we use OrgSync platform and functionality to redesign the GSG website? We are currently working on re-designing the GSG website, we welcome all ideas and inputs.
7. Future Senate Meeting Plans
- Plan speaker meetings
- Leader of different graduate groups panel.
~Senate Meeting Adjourned~
|S. No.||Name||College||Are you a senator?||Grad group present|