Jump-Start Your Graduate Education
The PlusOne Accelerated Master’s Program provides motivated students with the opportunity to start earning their master’s degree while pursuing their undergraduate education. By enrolling in a PlusOne program, students can:
- Accelerate their learning — Up to 16 credits earned count toward a bachelor’s and master’s degree, allowing students to receive their graduate degree one year sooner than they would in a traditional master’s program.
- Cut down on costs — A PlusOne degree makes financial sense, since those 16 credits count toward a student’s undergraduate and graduate education at no additional cost.
- Gain a competitive edge — By 2022, 18 percent of jobs will require a master’s degree, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Outearn their peers — Advanced degree holders earn a salary an average 35 percent higher than bachelor’s degree holders, according to the State Higher Education Executive Officers.
Admission is based on the academic standards defined by the specific PlusOne program students are applying into. Upon successful completion of the program’s undergraduate degree requirements, students earn guaranteed placement in their graduate degree program.
If a student decides at some point to pursue only the undergraduate portion of the PlusOne program, all regular undergraduate program and course requirements will apply. Credit from the undergraduate degree cannot be used toward the graduate degree at a later date.
Northeastern offers the following PlusOne programs:
Bouvé College of Health Sciences
Khoury College of Computer and Information Sciences
College of Engineering
- Master of Science in Applied Physics and Engineering
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
College of Professional Studies
College of Science
- Master of Arts in Teaching (BS in Psychology)
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematics (BS in Math)
- Master of Science in Bioinformatics (BS in Behavioral Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Biology, Computer Science, or Computer Science and Biology)
- Master of Science in Biotechnology (BS in Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Cell and Molecular Biology, or Chemistry)
- Master of Science in Chemistry (BS in Chemistry or Biochemistry)
- Master of Science in Physics (BS in Physics)
College of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in International Affairs
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Public Administration (BA or BS in Political Science)
- Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Security and Resilience Studies (BA or BS in Political Science)