We Made Our Mark in Experiential Learning
At Northeastern, students earn more than just an education—they gain relevant, real-world skills and experience. Our signature experiential learning model combines academics with professional practice, allowing students to put their ideas into action and graduate with firsthand industry knowledge.
Now Make Your Mark Anywhere
Gain the skills and knowledge you need for tomorrow’s careers with experiential learning opportunities that flex to the career you have today. We offer a variety of unique options you can tailor to your lifestyle, including:
- Full-Time Co-op Opportunities — Forty percent of our graduate programs offer full-time co-op opportunities. Students on co-op work in a paid position in their field of study for three to six months.
- Experiential Network (XN) — Students work virtually with a sponsoring business or nonprofit organization on a short-term project over a six-week period.
- Experiential Learning at Work — Working professionals collaborate with their current employer to develop a customized project that addresses a key business need their company has in an area they want to gain more experience in.
- Research — Lab-based courses provide students with hands-on experience, helping them take their research, and career, to the next level.
- In-Class Case Studies — By integrating case studies and exercises into the classroom, professors bring a real-world perspective and relevance to what they are teaching.
Take the Next Step
When students enroll in Northeastern, they gain practical strategies for professional advancement, as well as access to a network that extends to more than 3,000 employers in 150 countries.
Experiential learning is a powerful way to learn. Our graduates develop the real-world skills they need to take the next step in their career—in a format, and on a schedule, that fits their lifestyle.