The Master of Science in Innovation is designed for working professionals who want to dive into innovation as it applies to products, services, operations, and processes.
In just one year, the D’Amore-McKim MS in Innovation prepares you for a leadership role in this rapidly changing business environment. This specialized program provides the opportunity to increase your value to your company and advance your career in the innovation economy. With a MS in Innovation, you can:
- Learn the fundamentals of innovation in business
- Practice innovation through company projects
- Build competencies that set you apart from your peers
- Position yourself for advancement
Through project work, case studies, and real-world application at your own organization, you’ll learn the principles of innovation from multiple perspectives. Product and service development. Financing innovation. Go-to-market strategies. Lean development. Managing high-performance teams. One look at our course offerings and you’ll know you’ve found a different kind of Master’s degree—one that allows you to engage your passion for innovation and advance your career.
- Opportunity to work on next-generation projects and initiatives within your company
- Cohort style with most classes held on Saturdays on campus in Boston
- Option to add an eligible D'Amore-McKim MBA after completion of the MS in Innovation program
Admissions deadlines for Fall term entry: February 1, March 15, May 1, June 1, and July 15
For priority consideration, submit your application by the earliest date possible. Applications received before 11:59 p.m. on a given deadline will be reviewed in that admission round. Applications submitted after the last deadline are reviewed on a space-available basis, in the order in which they are received.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume
- Two Letters of Professional Recommendation
- Academic Transcript(s)
- GMAT or GRE Results
- Permanent Residency Card (if applicable)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores are required (with some exceptions) for students whose undergraduate instruction was conducted in a language other than English
- An official GMAT or GRE score is required as part of the application process for the MS in Innovation. A GMAT/GRE waiver may be considered for a candidate whose academic records and professional work experience demonstrate a high level of quantitative and analytical skill and ability necessary for academic success. To request a waiver, simply include the optional essay with your application and explain why you should be considered for a waiver.
Complete one of the following:
Required Course Work
Accounting and Finance
Northeastern's signature experiential learning model combines academics with professional practice to help students acquire relevant, real-world skills they can apply to their desired industry. Each program offers its own unique experiential learning opportunities, but they might include:
- Full-Time Co-op Opportunities — Students on co-op work in a paid position in their field of study for three to six months.
- In-Class Case Studies — Professors integrate case studies and exercises into the classroom to bring a real-world perspective and relevance to what they’re teaching.
- Research — Students collaborate with faculty in our more than 30 federally funded research centers, tackling some of the most pressing challenges in health, security, and sustainability.
Our faculty represents a wide cross-section of professional practices and in fields ranging from finance to education to biomedical science to management to the U.S. military. They serve as mentors and advisors, and collaborate alongside students to solve the most pressing global challenges facing established and emerging markets.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 230,000 alumni and 3,000 employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional campuses further foster that lifelong global community of learning and mentoring.
Below is a look at where our Business alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- State Street
- Fidelity Investments
- Dell EMC
What They Do
- Business Development
What They're Skilled At
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.