If you’re looking for a successful career in applied artificial intelligence and machine learning in the fields of pharmaceuticals/healthcare, finance, human resources, and business ventures, the MPS in enterprise intelligence program prepares you to excel in these fast-growing and highly in-demand fields—focusing on data, technology, and human literacy.
In this program, you’ll take a multi-disciplinary approach to learning, creating well-rounded and sought-after innovators primed to utilize data and AI to inform domain-specific business decisions. Combining the disciplines of applied machine learning and artificial intelligence, data management, data analysis, and data visualization, a Master’s of Professional Studies in enterprise intelligence teaches you to solve business problems within the rapidly growing field of artificial intelligence.
The diverse concentrations of healthcare, finance, human resources, and business ventures are a direct reflection of the AI value potential in these categories. Our program empowers students to apply AI models and algorithms to a chosen industry and focuses on the interpretation, operationalization, contextualization, and implementation of AI.
With a modular curriculum, you can easily customize your learning activities and experiences across multiple contexts both online and on-ground. Plus, you can earn your degree in less than two years.
- Technological literacy: evaluating and integrating tools, techniques and conceptual skills necessary for managing complex systems.
- Data literacy: illustrating the significance of digital and global transformation leading to the creation of business strategies, to make data informed decisions, and to drive innovation as well as create competitive advantage.
- Human literacy: lifelong learning, communication, and design, and leading innovation needed for guiding AI systems, including assessing and developing an ethical position, critical thinking and cultural agility.
- Graduate with a portfolio of work samples that demonstrate your range and depth of competencies and skills with machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Work closely with faculty from different fields and areas of expertise.
- Our experiential AI curricula includes an introductory core, as well as an advanced core with an end-to-end AI education, with the goal to proactively and thoughtfully prepare students for the evolving technology and the challenges it presents.
According to Gartner, an estimated 2.3 million AI jobs will be created by 2020. Now’s the time to prepare yourself for a changing industry by building desirable skills and experience with an MPS in enterprise intelligence.
Hear more from industry experts speaking at Northeastern’s AI Symposium on how AI-related technologies will impact organizations and workers.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations of the program; please be aware that the University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resume
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts (Official transcripts required at the time of admission) Reflecting degrees in engineering, computer technology, or coursework in place of Statistics.
- Two letters of recommendation: from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
- English Language Proficiency Proof: students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S, stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, or NU Global Exam scores
All students accepted to the MPS in Enterprise Intelligence will be required to complete a Python Placement Exam upon acceptance. Those who achieve an 85% or greater will start with AI 6000 those 84% and below will have to take a required Python course in their first term that will count towards a required elective.
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis, however we do recommend following the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term.
Experiential Network and Capstone
Complete three of the following, or any concentration courses outside of your declared concentration:
Choose one from the following:
Northeastern's signature experiential learning model combines academics with professional practice to help students acquire relevant, real-world skills they can apply to their desired industry. Each program offers its own unique experiential learning opportunities, but they might include:
- Experiential Learning at Work — Working professionals collaborate with their employer to develop a project that addresses a key business need their company has in an area they want familiarity with.
- Experiential Network (XN) — Students work virtually with a sponsoring organization on a short-term project over a six-week period.
- Full-Time Co-op Opportunities — Students on co-op work in a paid position in their field of study for three to six months.
Our faculty represents a wide cross-section of professional practices and in fields ranging from finance to education to biomedical science to management to the U.S. military. They serve as mentors and advisors, and collaborate alongside students to solve the most pressing global challenges facing established and emerging markets.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 245,000 alumni and 3,200+ employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional campuses further foster that lifelong global community of learning and mentoring.