The Graduate Certificate in Technological Entrepreneurship is designed for professionals with college degrees or current graduate students interested in corporate venturing or developing a freestanding start-up.
One of the biggest questions a first-time entrepreneur has to answer is whether to jump feet-first into the market with a start-up or to get a business education first. D’Amore-McKim’s Graduate Certificate in Technological Entrepreneurship offers an excellent middle path. It provides you with a 4-course, 12-credit “business boot camp” (5-course, 15-credits for International students) that will help you start your new venture off on the right foot but still get you to market fast.
When you are ready to pursue a full graduate degree at D’Amore-McKim—now or in the future—the credits you earn during the certificate program may be applied to eligible master’s programs, including the Part-Time MBA.
- Build a course sequence that meets your educational needs
- Structure a pace that fits your current personal and professional commitments
- GRE/GMAT test scores are not required
- Three convenient start dates per year
- F-1 Visa compliant
- Online Application Form
- Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Current Resumé
- 1 Professional Letter of Recommendation
- Academic Transcript(s)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores are required (with some exceptions) for students whose undergraduate instruction was conducted in a language other than English.
- Admissions Pre-requisites:
- U.S. Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Work experience
- Demonstrated English-language proficiency for non-native speakers
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis, and we recommend that you complete your application early to maximize your chances of securing enrollment. You will receive an admissions decision within ten days of completed application.
|International student application deadline:||November 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||December 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||December 15|
|International student application deadline:||March 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||April 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||April 15|
|International student application deadline:||July 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||August 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||August 15|
Complete 6 semester hours from the following:
At D'Amore-McKim School of Business, we believe that educational opportunities are everywhere, and learning is not limited to the classroom. We offer our students experiential learning opportunities that bring academic lessons into real-world practice. Our unique, hands-on learning model is setting the standard for the future of business education.
- IDEA: A Student-Run Venture Accelerator—Starting your own business venture? Work with mentors, access financial support, and seek additional help in areas like marketing and communications. IDEA can help you bring your idea to life.
- The 360 Huntington Fund—The 360 Huntington Fund is D’Amore-McKim School of Business’ student-managed mutual fund. Our students manage a half million dollars of the University’s endowment—are you up for the challenge?
- OPT Work Authorization: International students who successfully complete a 15-credit certificate program on campus are eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. Apply your classroom learning to real-world work experience.
Our faculty represents a wide cross-section of professional practices and in fields ranging from finance to education to biomedical science to management to the U.S. military. They serve as mentors and advisors, and collaborate alongside students to solve the most pressing global challenges facing established and emerging markets.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 245,000 alumni and 3,200+ employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional campuses further foster that lifelong global community of learning and mentoring.
Where They Work
- Bracebridge Capital, LLC
- Icorps Technologies
- IBM Qualtrics
What They Do
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Device
What They're Skilled At
- Business Model Design
- Lean Techniques
- Strategic Planning
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.