The Graduate Certificate in Regulatory Science is designed in response to a need in the biotechnology industry for individuals, in particular regulators, to obtain a strong foundation in the science behind good regulatory practice today, specifically in relation to biopharmaceuticals.
Regulatory convergence, or aligning drug approvals globally, is one of the most important things for patient safety and ensuring that effective drugs are delivered to patients in a timely manner. An integral part of regulatory convergence is ensuring that regulators understand the science behind the regulatory policies. This concentration will prepare individuals to understand both the technical aspects of the science as well as the policies. In addition, students have access to the same courses that international regulators are taking.
- Stackable certificates consist of four or five courses totaling 12SH credits.
- The certificate may serve as a gateway to the MS in Biotechnology Program. Individuals who successfully complete a certificate can apply to the MS in Biotechnology Program and if accepted, apply all credits toward the degree program.
- All programs can be completed on ground in Boston. Others can be completed entirely online (lab courses are delivered on ground).
- Industry-aligned faculty have real-world experience.
The multi-billion dollar biotechnology industry is diverse, growing, and filled with opportunity. Individuals with advanced scientific knowledge, intellectual flexibility, drive, and professional skills can pursue paths of innovation with the potential to meet critical healthcare and environmental challenges—and to change lives. The industry’s unparalleled growth is projected to continue in the coming years. The result is an ongoing expansion of career opportunities on every level and in every industry sector, from large pharmaceutical operations to entrepreneurial biotechnology start-ups.
- Online application
- Application fee
- Unofficial transcripts for all institutions attended
(Official transcripts required upon acceptance of admission offer)
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of English Proficiency for all applicants (from one of the following):
- Degree earned or in progress at a U.S. institution
- Degree earned or in progress at an institution where English is the only medium of instruction
- Official exam scores from either the TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE exam
Application deadlines vary based on the program you’re applying to, and are available on the College of Science website. In addition to submitting your online application, all required application materials must be received by the stated deadlines in order for your application to be considered.
Find admissions deadlines here.
A grade of C– or higher is required in all courses.
Complete 3 semester hours from the following:
Northeastern's signature experiential learning model combines academics with professional practice to help students acquire relevant, real-world skills they can apply to their desired industry. Each program offers its own unique experiential learning opportunities, but they might include:
- Full-Time Co-op Opportunities—Students on co-op work in a paid position in their field of study for three to six months.
- In-Class Case Studies—Professors integrate case studies and exercises into the classroom to bring a real-world perspective and relevance to what they’re teaching.
- Research—Students collaborate with faculty in our more than 30 federally funded research centers, tackling some of the most pressing challenges in health, security, and sustainability.
Our faculty represents a wide cross-section of professional practices and in fields ranging from finance to education to biomedical science to management to the U.S. military. They serve as mentors and advisors, and collaborate alongside students to solve the most pressing global challenges facing established and emerging markets.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 245,000 alumni and 3,200+ employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional campuses further foster that lifelong global community of learning and mentoring.