Northeastern University's Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Human Capital will help you enhance your potential to grow into leadership positions, while exploring topics like managing high performance teams, workforce analytics, developing great company culture, and more.
Are you ready to lead in a changing world? As our world continues to change and grow, new business leaders are emerging with the skills and insight to push the forefront of workforce management. Will you be among them?
Northeastern University’s Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Human Capital will help you enhance your potential to grow into leadership positions, while exploring topics like managing high performance teams, workforce analytics, developing great company culture, and more.
All certificate courses are taught by Northeastern University faculty who are leading practitioners in their respective fields, with active industry connections. Each faculty member understands the challenges of today’s global economy. They are seasoned experts and are committed to your success.
Accelerate and complete your certificate in as little as two terms, or spread out and take up to three years to complete. With evening and weekend classes offered on-campus, you can accelerate your career without missing a beat. You may come to campus just one night a week or accelerate the program by taking multiple classes each semester. Designed for working professional students, courses are offered with two start times: 5:20 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. You will study alongside business minded students, while learning from world-class faculty.
- This program meets F-1 international student status requirements
- Study in the heart of downtown Boston, accessible by public transportation and accessible to the Massachusetts turnpike, with student parking options
- Develop your business acumen with 4 or 5 master's-level courses in your area of interest
- Contribute what you know and learn from other working professionals
- Study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked Top 40 research university in the U.S. with prestigious faculty dedicated to your success
- Network and learn from an international business community
- No GMAT or GRE test scores are required to apply, so you can pursue your goals right away
- Online Application Form
- Application Fee
- A U.S. Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent
- A GPA of at least 3.0
- Personal Statement
- Current Resumé
- One professional Letter of Recommendation
- Academic Transcript(s)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores are required (with some exceptions) for students whose undergraduate instruction was conducted in a language other than English.
You will be notified of an admissions decision within ten days of completed application.
|International student application deadline:||November 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||December 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||December 15|
|International student application deadline:||March 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||April 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||April 15|
|International student application deadline:||July 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||August 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||August 15|
Complete 9 semester hours from the following:
At D'Amore-McKim School of Business, we believe that educational opportunities are everywhere, and learning is not limited to the classroom. We offer our students experiential learning opportunities that bring academic lessons into real-world practice. Our unique, hands-on learning model is setting the standard for the future of business education.
Faculty and industry guest lecturers incorporate real case studies into the classroom experience. You’ll hear about how theory and best practices are actually implemented in businesses, and get a better sense for how you might be able to apply your new knowledge to your own professional life.
When class is dismissed, you can get hands-on experience through our innovative on-campus initiatives. Lead a community of changemakers leading real-world change efforts, help the 360 Huntington Fund manage a half million dollars of the University’s endowment, or get advice on your business concept from IDEA, a student-run venture accelerator. If you are an international student, work with Northeastern University’s Office of Global Services to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT), which can authorize you to stay in the United States for 12 months of work experience post-graduation.
Here at D’Amore-McKim, you'll find that meaningful, real world experiences are central to everything we do.
- Net Impact Club — Join a network of graduate business students and working professionals who are committed to using the power of business to make a positive impact on society by growing and strengthening a community of new leaders who use business to improve the world.
- IDEA: A Student-Run Venture Accelerator — Starting your own business venture? Work with mentors, access financial support, and seek additional help in areas like marketing and communications. IDEA can help bring your idea to life.
- The 360 Huntington Fund — The 360 Huntington Fund is D'Amore-McKim School of Business' student-managed mutual fund. Our students manage a half million dollars of the University's endowment — are you up for the challenge?
- OPT Work Authorization — International students who successfully complete a 15-credit certificate program on campus are eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. Apply your classroom learning to real-world work experience.
Our faculty represents a wide cross-section of professional practices and in fields ranging from finance to education to biomedical science to management to the U.S. military. They serve as mentors and advisors, and collaborate alongside students to solve the most pressing global challenges facing established and emerging markets.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 245,000 alumni and 3,200+ employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional campuses further foster that lifelong global community of learning and mentoring.
Below is a look at where our Business alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Sentinel Group
- PBS Distribution
- Sylvan Learning
- Community Co. Inc.
What They Do
- Human Resources
- Project Manager
What They're Skilled At
- Project Management
- Customer Service
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.