Are you interested in learning about the techniques required to manage an innovative business environment? The Graduate Certificate in Innovation Management's targeted curriculum will help you learn to introduce an innovative culture and mindset to your business to develop and sustain its growth.
Whether it's to start your company or learn how businesses innovate, this certificate will give you the essentials to take the next step in your career.
Innovation to match your ambition: Creative thinkers bring new ideas to life. Emerging entrepreneurs seek out change, innovation, and connection. They embrace critical thinking and seek continuous improvement.
At Northeastern University, we want to inspire this kind of thinking. We encourage our graduate students from all academic backgrounds to explore their drive for innovation and entrepreneurship.
This specialized program will help you build the foundational business knowledge required to commercialize theories you have or products you are developing—leveraging both our highly acclaimed business and engineering schools to bring your innovative ideas to the next level.
All certificate courses are taught by D'Amore-McKim faculty—leading practitioners in their respective fields, with active industry connections. Each faculty member understands the challenges of today’s global economy. They are seasoned experts and are committed to your success.
Accelerate and complete your certificate in as little as two terms, or spread out and take up to three years to complete. With evening and weekend classes offered on-campus, as well as an online option for some courses, you can accelerate your career without missing a beat. You may come to campus just one night a week or accelerate the program by taking multiple classes each semester. Designed for working professional students, courses are offered with two start times: 5:20 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. You will study alongside business minded students, while learning from world-class faculty.
- This program meets F-1 international student status requirements
- Study in the heart of downtown Boston, accessible by public transportation and accessible to the Massachusetts turnpike, with student parking options
- Develop your business acumen with 4 or 5 master's-level courses in your area of interest
- Contribute what you know and learn from other working professionals
- Study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked Top 40 research university in the U.S. with prestigious faculty dedicated to your success
- Network and learn from an international business community
- No GMAT or GRE test scores are required to apply, so you can pursue your goals right away
- Online Application Form
- Application Fee
- A U.S. Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent
- A GPA of at least 3.0
- Personal Statement
- Current Resumé
- One professional Letter of Recommendation
- Academic Transcript(s)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores are required (with some exceptions) for students whose undergraduate instruction was conducted in a language other than English.
You will receive your admissions decision within ten days of completed application.
|International student application deadline:||November 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||December 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||December 15|
|International student application deadline:||March 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||April 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||April 15|
|International student application deadline:||July 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||August 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||August 15|
Complete 9 semester hours from the following:
At D'Amore-McKim School of Business, we believe that educational opportunities are everywhere, and learning is not limited to the classroom. We offer our students experiential learning opportunities that bring academic lessons into real-world practice. Our unique, hands-on learning model is setting the standard for the future of business education.
Faculty and industry guest lecturers incorporate real case studies into the classroom experience. You’ll hear about how theory and best practices are actually implemented in businesses, and get a better sense for how you might be able to apply your new knowledge to your own professional life.
When class is dismissed, you can get hands-on experience through our innovative on-campus initiatives. Help the 360 Huntington Fund manage a half million dollars of the University’s endowment, or get advice on your business concept from IDEA, a student-run venture accelerator. If you are an international student, work with Northeastern University’s Office of Global Services to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT), which can authorize you to stay in the United States for 12 months of work experience post-graduation.
Here at D’Amore-McKim, you'll find that meaningful, real world experiences are central to everything we do.
- IDEA: A Student-Run Venture Accelerator — Starting your own business venture? Work with mentors, access financial support, and seek additional help in areas like marketing and communications. IDEA can help you bring your idea to life.
- Graduate Entrepreneurship Club — Join fellow students and professionals with an interest in entrepreneurship to collaboratively develop a new business plan. Learn and network with this club.
- OPT Work Authorization — International students who successfully complete a 15-credit certificate program on campus are eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. Apply your classroom learning to real-world work experience.
Our faculty represents a wide cross-section of professional practices and in fields ranging from finance to education to biomedical science to management to the U.S. military. They serve as mentors and advisors, and collaborate alongside students to solve the most pressing global challenges facing established and emerging markets.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 245,000 alumni and 3,200+ employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional campuses further foster that lifelong global community of learning and mentoring.
Below is a look at where our Business alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Boston Scientific
- S&P Global
- Advent Investments
What They Do
- Business Analyst
- Senior Operations
- Controlling Manager
What They're Skilled At
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Strategic Planning
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.