Position yourself for career advancement with a Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making.
Sharpen your insight into how businesses succeed. Accounting and financial decision making skills are the foundation of any successful business venture. Individuals with the knowledge and experience to make informed financial decisions are highly valued contributors in businesses across the globe.
In the Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making, you will have the opportunity to explore topics such as financial risk management, value creation, and information analysis. Exposure to decision making theory will assist your conceptual understanding of how investors, money managers, and corporate managers make economic and financial decisions.
The Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making is designed to give you training that you can use immediately. The skills you learn in an evening class will be useful to you the next morning at work. At D'Amore-McKim School of Business, you won't find theoretical training for a theoretical future—you’ll have the opportunity to gain practical, real-world knowledge rooted in the realities of working life.
The Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making has been designed with working professionals in mind. Courses are offered on weeknights and Saturdays. You may even take one of our courses online. You can choose to come to campus just one night a week or accelerate the program by taking a heavier course load each semester.
Start your Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making at a time that works for you. You can enter the program in September, January, or May.
The Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making is a unique opportunity to quickly gain fundamental business knowledge and earn a graduate-level credential from a top 40 U.S. Research University, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. And that's just the beginning.
When you are ready to pursue a full graduate degree at D'Amore-McKim—now or in the future—the credits you earn during the certificate program may be applied to eligible master’s programs, including the Part-Time MBA. This is a valuable opportunity to turn your career-enhancing graduate certificate into a more advanced professional credential.
- This program meets F-1 international student status requirements
- The Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Financial Decision Making is an opportunity to study at a U.S. News and World Report ranked top 40 U.S. research university.
- Certificate programs are designed for busy professionals. Courses are offered on our Boston campus on weekday evenings Monday through Thursday and during the day on Saturdays. As a Boston campus based student, you may also complete one course online.
- Upon successful completion of a graduate certificate program, you may have the option to apply your credits to eligible MBA or master's programs at Northeastern University.
- International students who successfully complete a one-year, 15-credit graduate certificate program on campus may be eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. OPT authorization allows for 12 months of work eligibility in the U.S.
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International—the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
- Online Application Form
- Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Current Resumé
- 1 Professional Letter of Recommendation
- Academic Transcript(s)
- Permanent Residency Card (if applicable)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores are required (with some exceptions) for students whose undergraduate instruction was conducted in a language other than English.
- Admissions Pre-requisites:
- U.S. Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Work experience
You will be notified of an admissions decision within ten days of completed application.
|International student application deadline:||November 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||December 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||December 15|
|International student application deadline:||March 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||April 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||April 15|
|International student application deadline:||July 1|
|International transfer student application deadline:||August 1|
|Domestic application deadline:||August 15|
Complete one of the following:
Any MBA core course titled 6200 (see below)
At D'Amore-McKim School of Business, we believe that educational opportunities are everywhere, and learning is not limited to the classroom. We offer our students experiential learning opportunities that bring academic lessons into real-world practice. Our unique, hands-on learning model is setting the standard for the future of business education.
Faculty and industry guest lecturers incorporate real case studies into the classroom experience. You'll hear about how theory and best practices are actually implemented in businesses, and get a better sense for how you might be able to apply your new knowledge to your own professional life.
When class is dismissed, you can get hands-on experience through our innovative on-campus initiatives. Help the 360 Huntington Fund manage a half million dollars of the University's endowment, or learn how to quickly solve different problems in excel and build financial models, through the 360 Financial Modeling Club's workshops.
Here at D'Amore-McKim, you'll find that meaningful, real world experiences are central to everything we do.
- The 360 Huntington Fund — The 360 Huntington Fund is D'Amore-Mckim School of Business' student-managed mutual fund. Our students manage a half million dollars of the University's endowment — are you up for the challenge?
- 360 Financial Modeling Club — Do you have the skills required to design and create interactive financial models in Excel? Excel skills are crucial in the current job market, and every employer expects incoming professionals to know Excel perfectly. Join us and solidify your financial modeling skills today.
- Graduate Finance and Investment Club — Dive deep into the different disciplines in the finance industry with like-minded fellow students. You'll have the opportunity to meet with distinguished members of those disciplines, and participate in the annual stock market competition.
- OPT Work Authorization — International students who successfully complete a 15-credit certificate program on campus are eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. Apply your classroom learning to real-world work experience.
Our faculty represents a wide cross-section of professional practices and in fields ranging from finance to education to biomedical science to management to the U.S. military. They serve as mentors and advisors and collaborate alongside students to solve the most pressing global challenges facing established and emerging markets.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 255,000 alumni and 3,300+ employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional locations further foster that lifelong, global community of learning and mentoring.
Below is a look at where our Business alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Insight Squared
- Fidelity Investments
- Factory Mutual Insurance
- Ace Ticket
What They Do
- Staff Accountant
- Investment Operations
- Accounting Manager
What They're Skilled At
- Customer Service
- Project Management
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.