If you’re curious about continuing your education and advancing your career, join us at our Graduate Programs Spring Open House in Boston on Saturday, March 14, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
You’ll have the chance to learn more about Northeastern’s 200+ master’s, certificate, PhD, and professional doctorate programs and speak with faculty and admissions representatives. Keep reading to learn more about this year’s special event features and how to make the most out of your open house experience.
2020 Spring Open House Features
This year, our event features unprecedented access to the resources you need to move closer to your goals. At the 2020 Graduate Open House, take advantage of any or all of our featured resources, including:
- Academic Programs: Meet with current students and faculty in your program of interest. Please refer to the College Program Directory in your welcome packet to locate the college of your program(s) of interest.
- Co-op & Experiential Learning: Hear from our co-op advisors on the various experiential learning opportunities you can pursue. You’ll learn more about the types of roles available and the employer partners we work with.
- Career Design Resources: Learn about how the Employer Engagement and Career Design Department connect Northeastern’s students with global opportunities.
- Student Financial Services: Many professionals want to return to school but are unsure if and how they can afford to fund their education. This session will provide you with the information you need to develop a financial plan and determine how to pay for grad school.
- Application Workshop: Join the Northeastern University Enrollment Services Team to learn more about the application process and how to successfully complete and submit your application. Learn helpful tips on asking for letters of recommendation and how to write a compelling statement of purpose.
- Resumé Review: Have your current resumé reviewed by our admissions representatives. They’ll give you feedback and guidance on how to improve your resumé and tailor it to your grad school application.
- Complimentary Professional Headshots: Come dressed to impress! Photographers will be on-site to take professional photos that’ll help you impress prospective employers. (Say goodbye to that poorly cropped Facebook photo on LinkedIn!)
- Join a campus tour, leaving every half-hour from Curry Student Center starting at 9:30 am.
Check out the full schedule of events and information by college here.
How to Make the Most of Northeastern’s Graduate Open House
Beginning at 9 a.m., students should first head to the Curry Center on our Boston Campus to check-in and grab your complimentary swag bag. After that, we encourage you to customize your NU open house experience! Craft your own schedule based on the academic and elective sessions you want to learn more about. Plan your itinerary ahead of time to get the most out of a busy day.
Here’s a peek at an example schedule below:
- Registration and swag-bag pick up
- Complimentary professional headshot
- Explore various departments & clubs at the Student Services Fair tables
- Resumé review
10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Elective Sessions
- Co-Op/XN learning session
- Career design workshop
- PlusOne information session
- Student Financial Services info session
- Application workshop
- Campus tour
- Academic sessions
- Grab and go lunch
Explore the full schedule here.
Here are some helpful details to make sure you don’t miss a minute of the action.
- Green line (E) to Northeastern
- Orange line to Ruggles
- Commuter Rail to Ruggles
- Use the promo code NUSPRING20 to receive a discount off your ride to open house.
Drive & Park
- Our Boston campus address is 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA.
- Complimentary parking passes will be sent closer to the event to all registrants.
Register at the link below to reserve your spot. We look forward to seeing you on March 14th!