Find out what it takes to be the next Gordon Fellow
In general, The Gordon Institute of Engineering Leadership (GIEL) can best serve candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong motivation and potential to develop as an engineering leader
- Solid record of academic performance
- Experience in the field of engineering (ideally through full-time work experience, but co-op or internship experience will also be considered)
- An Industry Sponsor (typically a full-time employer) to support your participation and help define the scope of your Challenge Project. If you do not have a full-time employer at the time of application, please contact email@example.com to discuss other possible sponsor options.
GIEL Candidates must apply for and be admitted to the respective college through which they plan to earn their Master of Science and the Gordon Institute of Engineering Leadership.
To apply, please complete the following steps:
Step 1: Apply to Northeastern University
If you plan to pursue GIEL as part of a Master of Science program, please select “Master of Science with Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership” as your degree option on the online application. Pay careful attention to the additional materials required for a complete application to each individual college.
- Graduate School of Engineering (Any Master of Science)
- College of Science (Master of Science in Biotechnology)
- College of Computer and Information Science (Master of Science in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity)
Step 2: Apply to The Gordon Institute of Engineering Leadership
Please submit your GIEL application using the GIEL online application system. In addition to the application form, you will be asked to:
- Upload your current resume
- Enter contact information for an individual at your organization who can 1) nominate you for the program and 2) attest that the organization can provide a suitable Challenge Project for completion during the program.
Once you enter this information, an email will be sent asking the individual to complete the Sponsor Nomination Form and Challenge Project Statement of Intent.
Admission to GIEL is competitive, and candidates are encouraged to apply early. Please be aware of the following important dates:
Deadline for each respective College (part-time and full-time domestic students).
GIEL orientation takes place. Please note that a Challenge Project Plan is due at orientation and is treated as the first graded assignment in the Engineering Leadership course.