Dialogue of Civilizations programs are faculty-led programs, offered during either Summer 1 or Summer 2, that focus on critical issues facing students and their peers at both the local and global levels. Students typically spend around 30 days in-country with a faculty leader from Northeastern University, learning about a specific topic or course subject in a chosen location. This type of experience is best suited for students who are looking for an intensive short-term international experience.
Your Faculty Leader in conjunction with your GEO Advisor will be your primary contacts throughout your Dialogue of Civilizations program. Please refer to the program pages of the website for contact information or to schedule an appointment with a team member.
We encourage all students to participate in a virtual info session about Dialogue of Civilizations before beginning the application process. To start the info session, click here: DOC Info Session.
Click here to learn more about what a Dialogue is: What is a DOC?
- Summer 2021 programs posted to GEO website in late Nov. 2020! Stay tuned.
- January 3, 2021: Student applications open!
- February 1, 2021: Priority Deadline
- February 15, 2021: Final Deadline
- All summer 2021 Dialogue programs will have a virtual back up option