Students will be charged NU tuition + the Program fee when participating in a Dialogue of Civilizations program.
Students participating in the Dialogue of Civilizations programs will be charged Northeastern University undergraduate tuition for 8 credits and a DOC fee (varies depending on DOC program). Northeastern tuition and the DOC fee cover: 8 credits of course instruction, round trip airfare from Boston, lodging for program duration, International Security and Emergency Support, as well as some local transport, excursions, and a few group meals.
A complete breakdown of estimated costs can be found on the individual program pages on the GEO website. For questions regarding housing and other non-academic costs, please contact your Dialogue of Civilization Faculty leader or Study Abroad Coordinator.
Your NU student account will be charged several weeks before your departure, according to the same billing schedule as an on campus semester. Furthermore, you must have a zero balance on your NU student account at the time of departure. If you have an outstanding balance from a previous semester, your study abroad registration will be purged and you will not be allowed to go abroad. You can find specific billing information on Student Financial Services site.
Below is a more comprehensive breakdown of the study abroad costs for which students are responsible and those for which Northeastern University GEO is responsible.
- Confirmation payment (unless required for lodging)
- Program fee- academic costs only Orientation (not including lodging)
- Excursions/field trips if directly related to a course
- Course fees if courses are being transferred back to NEU
- Airport transfer in host country
- WorldAware fees
- Local transportation
- Entry/exit fees
- Residency fees
- Optional tours and/or volunteer activities
- Extra fees
- Course supplies/books
- Events/excursions that are not directly related to a course or orientation