SSEHRI Papers Accepted to ASA 2019 Annual Meeting
We are excited to announce that many of our SSEHRI researchers have had papers accepted to the 2019 ASA Annual Meeting in New York, NY this August.
- Lauren Contorno will be presenting, “Community (Im)mobilization and the Political Economy of Sustainable Energy Transitions: A Case Study of Somerset, MA.”
- Taylor Braswell will be presenting, “Sacrifice Zones in Transit: Pipeline location and environmental justice in the age of planetary urbanization,” on the environmental change and inequality session panel.
- Dr. Lauren Richter will be presenting on “Strategic Science Production and Contested Environmental Data,” on the environmental sociology session panel, which was co-authored by Alissa Cordner and Phil Brown.
- Lourdes Vera will be presenting her paper, “When Data Justice and Environmental Justice Meet: Responding to Extractive Logic through Environmental Data Justice,” for the Environmental Sociology Section paper session, “Taking Stock of Environmental Sociology: Trends, Strengths, Silences, and Innovative New Research Directions.”
- Elicia Cousins will present, “Gender, Motherhood, and Feminism in Environmental Activism and Leadership,” at the Environmental Sociology Section paper session, “Taking Stock of Environmental Sociology: Trends, Strengths, Silences, and Innovative New Research Directions.”
- Dr. Steven Scyphers will be presenting, “Chronic social disruption following a fishery failure,” for the session on Disasters.
We are excited that all of your amazing work will be showcased at the ASA!