Northeastern University hosts a significant number of meetings, events, and conferences on campus. From time to time, it may be unclear if such an activity is considered internal or external, especially when a University sponsor is involved. To help in this determination, the University uses the below framework to classify internal or external and when contracts, insurance and rental fees apply.
- Someone internal to the university serve as the primary contact for event-related inquires.
- There are no external organizations soliciting donations or sponsorships in conjunction with this event.
- There are no monies collected in association with this event.
- Someone internal to the university will be responsible for contracting with third-party vendors.
- All costs related to the event will be paid by an internal Northeastern department.
- No external party will benefit financially from event-related collections.
- Event could not take place elsewhere if Northeastern University did not exist or the host employee and/or department did not work at the University.
- Event is planned and promoted (from concept to execution), exclusively by a university employee and/or department.
- The event could take place elsewhere if Northeastern University did not exist.
- The majority of event content is created/produced by external client. Northeastern is the venue.
- The majority of attendees are outside of the NU community.
- External client is listed as the organizer and contact for any event inquiries.
- External client initiated contact with Northeastern University for assistance.
- External client may pay for costs associated with event.
Unsponsored Partner Events
Outside client with no connection to the University seeking space for an event, meeting, or conference.
Note: Regional and National Conference bids do not meet internal event criteria.Click here for external events policies and procedures