The mission of the Center of Community Service is to facilitate partnerships and programs that connect community assets with university resources through engagement and education. The Center of Community Service envisions transformational partnerships that recognize the role and leverage the resources of the university in creating a more just world.
- We are growing opportunities for students to engage in local Boston communities as early as their first week at Northeastern and throughout their entire time at NU through community tours, service days and the NU ACES program.
- We are providing an opportunity for 90 AmeriCorps members per year to address education inequality through the Massachusetts Promise Fellowship and Jumpstart programs.
- We engage with more than 55 faculty members annually to incorporate service-learning opportunities into more than 100 academic courses.
- We support local Boston Scholars in their commitment to service and civic engagement.
- We encourage NU student groups to respond to needs identified by the community through our support of the group recognition process.
- We support new or ongoing programs and initiatives through a Community Partner mini-grant offered annually each spring.
- We create learning opportunities for 150 students & staff annually in our Alternative Spring Break (ASB) program each March.
- We celebrate community partnerships at our annual Pancakes & Partnerships Community Partner Celebration and Recognition breakfast.
- We convene a Community Advisory Board (CAB) to seek input from community members on the work of the City & Community Affairs Division.