NU DREAM is a program designed to encourage personal and professional growth by increasing interaction, communication and community awareness amongst faculty and staff of color at Northeastern University.
The goals and objectives will be achieved by offering developmental workshops in areas such as networking, career progression, mentorship and social opportunities. It is our hope that participation in the program will allow individuals to Dream, take Risks, Educate themselves, Act upon their vision and find a Mentor who can be supportive of their endeavors.
Mission & History:
The purpose of NU DREAM is to provide personal and professional opportunities that will encourage faculty and staff of color to become more fulfilled members of the Northeastern University community. NU DREAM began as an initiative of the Notion in Motion program provided by the Enrollment Management & Student Affairs (EMSA) Division. It continues as a collaborative effort between EMSA & Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion (OIDI).
- Participants will define professional goals and motivation
- Participants will identify talents, strengths, and skills
- Participants will strengthen current abilities
- Participants will expand their personal and professional networks
- To enhance sense of community among staff of color
- To provide professional development opportunities for faculty and staff of color
- To provide opportunities for faculty and staff of color to interact within their community
- To provide opportunities for faculty and staff of color to improve upon personal and professional networks
- To create networks for ongoing dialogue on issues impacting professional and career development