NUDREAM is a program designed to encourage personal and professional growth by increasing interaction, communication and community awareness amongst staff of color at Northeastern University. The program offers workshops in areas such as networking, career development, mentorship and various social opportunities throughout the year to build and engage with community. NUDream began as the 2014 pilot program “Notion in Motion” sponsored by the Enrollment Management & Student Affairs (EMSA) Division. It is now a collaborative engagement between the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion (OIDI) and EMSA, and we aim to serve the entire campus community.
Audience(s): Workplace Diversity
Theme(s): Positive Campus Climate
- Over 200 staff and faculty have participated in NUDREAM sessions or celebrations.
- Planning team represent staff from broad range of departments, centers and divisions.
- Staff Partnership Program connects staff together for peer-to-peer networking building.
Recent presentation and workshop topics include:
- NUDREAM Annual Half-Day Professional Development Conference
- How to Have Difficult Conversations in the Workplace
- Create Your Professional Elevator Pitch
- Performance & Perception at Work
- Best Advice Ever…Tips for Professional Development
- Accessing or Returning to Graduate School